2K to spend

Do you just want an expensive gun that screams I spend 2k or a high end gun that performs regardless of price?
Steel hammer fired go witness elite limited and spend the remaining $800 on ammo and earmuffs.
Poly striker fired call Rain6 and get one of their Archon Type B Type R mods with an RMSc. Not only will it be a laser gun but there won’t be another guy on the line with one.

Not the popular choice, but I'd get this:

wm_12104853.jpg

No particular reason, just been wanting one ever since I saw one in the LGS four years ago.

Oh, about $1950 so you'd save yourself $50. What a deal!

$2k, huh? For a semi auto, I'd be on the phone with Cajun Gun Works to see what kind of CZ magic they have. For a revolver, I'd have to go with either a S&W 544 or 520.

Two grand would be a pretty good pop on a range gun but if I did I would likely buy another Colt Series 70 1911 frame in .45 ACP or a nice 9mm. Another gun I would like which I don't have is an older clean Browning Hi-Power. Always liked the Hi-Power but never hung on to one of them.

Ron

Another vote for something in the $500-600 range and a lot of ammo. If a semi-auto include at least 5 magazines.

ruger blackhawk convertible single action revolver, one each in 45lc/acp and 357/38/9mm. each costs under $700 new and you can shoot the full lineup of centerfire handgun ammo.

286d275c1dec3044349e53153c6d80a0.jpg

fe6bad80643090a538ed8e350b65a099.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Range gun?

Most likely a Lithgow bolt action in .308, with $900 of scope on it.

Either that, or two Remington V3 Tac-13's... one for each hand:cool::p

You aren't getting a Sig P210 for that, unless its a pretty rough military spec model.

If you want an American Sig Sauer P210A, that's a different story and a different gun. No thanks. I'll stick to the real deal.

Same here, or a HK P7 because they are just SO cool to shoot (I have two that will go to my grave if need be.)

Great choices. However, if you want a real Sig P210, you'll be going over that amount.

Two grand would be a pretty good pop on a range gun but if I did I would likely buy another Colt Series 70 1911 frame in .45 ACP or a nice 9mm. Another gun I would like which I don't have is an older clean Browning Hi-Power. Always liked the Hi-Power but never hung on to one of them.

Ron

While I think there are better range guns for $2000, a classic BHP is always a beautiful option and a nice investment.

Find an older Smith & Wesson Performance Center pistol. Some of them can still be had for $2000. They are high quality and very accurate with the Briley bushing.

I'm talking guns from the real Performance Center before it shut down. These days, S&W just slaps the name on guns with some slight alterations from the standard assembly line...

Something from the Sig Sauer Mastershop in Germany would be a great option also. Some can still be had for $2000...

Last edited:
Back