270 elk bullets

I thought I was bad about .270's, but wound up being worse with the .30-06. At one time I had 7 rifles in .30-06 5 were in M70 Classics, 1 each M670 Winchester and Stevens 200. I've toned it down a bit, just two rifles in .270 and one in .30-06. .308 caliber is still by far what I have the most 8 rifles in, followed by 5 in 6mm cals, 4 in .223 rifles, and then .270 Winchester 2.

I had a .277 Wolverine barrel for an AR-15 for a hot minute. However, I gave it away to a friend. He still isn't happy with me, I guess a free barrel cost him a lot of money by the time he built his AR and invested in reloading components. That's why I got rid of it, figured it was cheaper to give it away than build it out.

I thought I was bad about .270's, but wound up being worse with the .30-06. At one time I had 7 rifles in .30-06 5 were in M70 Classics, 1 each M670 Winchester and Stevens 200. I've toned it down a bit, just two rifles in .270 and one in .30-06. .308 caliber is still by far what I have the most 8 rifles in, followed by 5 in 6mm cals, 4 in .223 rifles, and then .270 Winchester 2.

I had a .277 Wolverine barrel for an AR-15 for a hot minute. However, I gave it away to a friend. He still isn't happy with me, I guess a free barrel cost him a lot of money by the time he built his AR and invested in reloading components. That's why I got rid of it, figured it was cheaper to give it away than build it out.
I don't feel so bad, now. I have 5 calibers right now and a few of them have 2-3 rifles. Thinking while I am reloading I may see what gets the best groups and what I enjoy shooting and shed a few...and maybe I won't.

I don't feel so bad, now. I have 5 calibers right now and a few of them have 2-3 rifles. Thinking while I am reloading I may see what gets the best groups and what I enjoy shooting and shed a few...and maybe I won't.
I never regret buying a gun.I only regret selling them.

Thinking while I am reloading I may see what gets the best groups and what I enjoy shooting and shed a few...and maybe I won't.
Some are so nice I cringe at the thought of bashing em up in the woods--others, like like tupperware savages and rugers--not so much.

I have a few really nice ones. I try to keep them from rubbing any of the other guns in my safe. So scared I will scratch them. The ones with polymer stocks and cerakote, bang them around all the time.

I have sold a few. Either did not enjoy shooting them or not practical. Like a beautiful 100 year old Winchester Model 12 16 gauge. Bought it and realized it did not shoot modern cartridges. Shoots a 2.5" shell. Could have gotten it refitted (which I could not get myself to do) or buy the special shells when they are available.

Back