22 Lever Rifle That Will Shoot .22 LR AND .22 Shorts?

Howdy

My Dad's old Winchester Model 1906 at the bottom of the photo shoots shorts, longs, and long rifles just fine.

The Model 1890 at the top of the photo only shoots shorts, cannot chamber longs or long rifles.

But try to find any 22 shorts these days. I can't find any and I have been looking.

1890%20and%201906_zpsotjxgjck.jpg

My Marlin 39AS will shoot all three (22 short, Long & Long Rifle) at the same time inter mixed just fine. Wonderful rifle for plinking & small game hunting.

1895gunner

I also have a Marlin 39AS, but have had lots of problems with it. Unless their quality has improved 300% in the past 10 years, don't buy one.

Stupid problems:

*Iron sights off-center with the receiver.
*Threaded holes for scope don't come within a mile of where the rifle is pointing. DUH! Had to make a slot in the scope base to allow sighting-in.
*Misfires galore out of the box. Firing pin was too blunt! I fixed it.
*Failure to extract. I fixed the extractor, but sometimes it still fails with some ammo. It seems to know when I don't have tools around.
*Bore is very rough from the factory.

Other than those problems, I like the rifle and may continue to cuss it out, but it's "purty"; it's quiet with target ammo, and it's accurate.

And it will feed and fire anything that I put in it, including CB Longs.
JP

X2 on the Browning BL22. Shoots shorts, longs plus long rifle. Not the accuracy leader among rifles but plenty accurate to do a rat or two.

David

I have a Sears Mod 5 (Winchester 150) lever action tube that chambers all three. Also a tube fed bolt action Marlin 981T that does it too.

Back