$200 box of primers!!!!!!!!

A lot of primers from abroad are tight. The Tula primers for example. CCI was like that before they revamped their primer line in 1989. I could not get my Dillon Square Deal to seat the old ones to flush with my case heads no matter how hard I tried. It's not a problem now, though. It turns out it was due to burrs on the lips of the primer cups. CCI figured out how to eliminate them.

This 2017 article suggests Ginex had a problem with size early on, though.

From that same thread . All I can say is folks can speculate all they want, unless you try them you have no clue.

I ran a side by side comparison between Ginex and Wolf LR primers. In my 284 Shehane, they produced identical groups and velocity. I hope this helps,

I still have two slips of 5,000 of the tight Tula primers, both in the NATO spec format, and they fit, but they challenge my thumb using a hand tool to try to get them to reconsolidate the recommended -0.003". That said, they also produce the smallest velocity SD's I've ever got out of a Garand. Numbers between 5 and 10 fps with Varget and the last of my old Brigadier 4065 with the 175-grain SMK bullets. The Russians do know how to make a consistent performing primer.

I'm dropping of 1000 CCI small primers to a buddy tomorrow, he is trading me some .22 lr and an IOU. Not leaving a mate hanging in these times. I did score 8lbs of 2200 this week though:)

thewelshm

Thinking about dropping off 5,000 LR at my friends shop. Seller & Bellot primers and I have more than I'll ever use. He can put them out on consignment. No clue what I'll ask on them but I will tell him to sell in lots of 1,000 only.

Ron

My son has a customer that just bought primers online . Seller did not have the right credentials , they were shipped air mail . They were found, he is now in some trouble, not sure about seller . Same seller shipped him powder by air, that made it through OK . Not sure what happens from here , but those high priced primers just got more expensive .

My son has a customer that just bought primers online . Seller did not have the right credentials , they were shipped air mail . They were found, he is now in some trouble, not sure about seller . Same seller shipped him powder by air, that made it through OK . Not sure what happens from here , but those high priced primers just got more expensive .

Bound to happen. Dozens of primers being sold online person to person and we know all of these sellers are not qualified to ship HAZMAT. The best thing your son's customer can do is plea ignorance and he was just on the innocent receiving end. Good luck on that. The person shipping them has real problems. Plenty of packages USPS are subject to X-Ray and pretty sure at this point the feds know what to look for. Oh well.

Anything I sell powder or primers is face to face cash.

Ron

they were shipped air mail . They were found, he is now in some trouble, not sure about seller . Same seller shipped him powder by air, that made it through OK .

I don't see how someone on the receiving end can be held responsible for the shipper violating shipment rules. CFR1910.xxx covers hazardous material shipment, including placarding, packaging, container spacing spill protection, and many other things. Smokeless powder and primers are in different classes for shipment, and so have different rules, including what can, and cannot be shipped by air.

Lots of interesting facts buried in those thick regulation books.

The SHIPPER is responsible for seeing those rules are followed, not the recipient of the shipment.

and as a general rule, smokeless powder is classed as a flammable solid, not an explosive. Primers are explosives.

I don't see how someone on the receiving end can be held responsible for the shipper violating shipment rules. CFR1910.xxx covers hazardous material shipment, including placarding, packaging, container spacing spill protection, and many other things. Smokeless powder and primers are in different classes for shipment, and so have different rules, including what can, and cannot be shipped by air.

Lots of interesting facts buried in those thick regulation books.

The SHIPPER is responsible for seeing those rules are followed, not the recipient of the shipment.

and as a general rule, smokeless powder is classed as a flammable solid, not an explosive. Primers are explosives.
Speculate all you want . The receiver received a penalty already . FACT

third hand hearsay posted on the internet a fact ? :confused: I worked with Hazmat for the last 8 years before I retired, 44 AMP is correct

back to topic, those looking for primers might also ask around at the range. Try trading some rifle for pistol or pistol for rifle. I have seen this work a couple of times lately. Just traded 2K of large pistol for 2 K of small rifle myself a week or so back. Another guy I know traded primers for powder. Can't hurt to ask

"Speculate all you want . The receiver received a penalty already . FACT "

So, what was the penalty?

A stern talking to?

Execution at dawn sans blindfold and cigarette?

Hung out of a window by his ankles and forced to apologize repeatedly?

Maxwell Haus said:
My son has a customer that just bought primers online . Seller did not have the right credentials , they were shipped air mail . They were found, he is now in some trouble, not sure about seller .

Maxwell Haus said:
Speculate all you want . The receiver received a penalty already . FACT

Mike Irwin said:
"Speculate all you want . The receiver received a penalty already . FACT "

So, what was the penalty?
I echo Mike Irwin's question. We're all here to learn, and we can't learn anything in the absence of facts. If the recipient of a prohibited item was punished -- either instead of the shipper or in addition to the shipper -- that would be extremely unusual, and if we are to learn anything from it we need to know more about the specifics of the incident, we need to know what the charges were, and we need to know what the punishment/penalty was.

Please provide more information.

Back