1911 magazines

The Officer's series mags are blued. The nitride coated magazines are quite nice and self lubricating as well, though maybe not as nice as a hardchrome finish.

Nitride adds dry lubricity and wear resistance with an HRc rating of ~85. It is resistant to most acids, alkalis, fluxes and solders.

To answer your questions:

The magazines are 8-rounders with fixed baseplates. Bumpers are removeable.

Tim
http://www.streetpro.com
Street Smart Professional Equipment

[This message has been edited by Arnistador (edited November 23, 1999).]

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a way to get access to the innards of the magazine tube for cleaning, replacing springs, etc., with a fixed baseplate?

[This message has been edited by DeadCalm (edited November 24, 1999).]

DeadCalm, yes.

Holding the magazine on a firm surface (opening up) depress the follower with a pencil or the like until the follower is below 2 or 3 witness holes. Insert a nail or other thin metal object thru a witness hole below the follower, catching the magazine spring. Remove the pencil, the follower should be lose enougn to shake out of the magazine tube, if not repeat the push down until it is lower in the tube and the spring is compressed more. Remove the follower. Controlling the magazine spring remove the cross pin holding it in place [BE CAREFUL - DON'T LET THE SPRING FLY OUT OF THE TUBE] and pull the spring out. Remember which way the spring was in the magazine (i.e. which end was up). Clean away.

Reassemble in reverse order.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

In my experience Shooting Star followers slipping over the slide release and causing problems are gun specific. Take the same magazine and put it in another gun and it will work fine. Other than only using them at the range for practice I would try a different follower and spring. If that doesn't help get rid of them unless you want to practice clearance drills.

Wilson's have the best 8rnders in my experience.

What will be the delivery time on the MAG PAC magazines from Street Pro? I would like to know since I have been having problems with UPS delivering stuff as of late.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

We have a number in, and are still sorting them out for shipment. We have been swamped with orders, not only for magazines, but for end of the year craziness along with holiday shopping. We expect to have the prepaid ones out to UPS by tomorrow. Thanks for your support and patience.

Tim

We have a number in, and are still sorting them out for shipment. We have been swamped with orders, not only for magazines, but for end of the year craziness along with holiday shopping. We expect to have the prepaid ones out to UPS by tomorrow. Thanks for your support and patience.

Tim

Well I have patiently waited & waited for my 1911 Magazine order to come in, (Since December 5th). That has not happened but my Credit card has been charged since December 6th!!!!
I just whipped off a Email asking for a explanation and will let you all know what happens. Is anyone else having this problem with StreetPro?
Arnistador, can you explain this?

I had no problems with getting my two ProMags from StreetPro. BTW, the mags look pretty dadgum good.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

Finally, yesterday the mags arrived, went to the range today and they worked fine! Just finished a letter to Streetpro letting them know the Bad (& good) things they did on this order. I always feel one learns from one's mistakes. I guess I was one of the few that ended up waiting 3 weeks after I ordered (& was charged) to get the Mags.

First I would like to thank everyone for the amazing response to the Mag Pack offer. Aside from a couple hiccups, everything went off without a hitch. Thank you desmond for the suggestions, as we really do take them to heart. As we grow in size and sophistication, we need to rise to the expectations of our customers. I hope you have many years of service from your Mag Packs.

Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Take Care,

Bill Perches
Street Smart Professional Equipment http://www.streetpro.com
streetpro@bohica.katn.org
(949)888-1131

[This message has been edited by streetpro (edited December 24, 1999).]

Does anyone know who makes Springfield's "7 rd Nat'l Match" mags? I've had excellent luck with them...I think they're Mec-Gars, but they're diffeferent somehow.

Back