1911 magazines

While those with less experience may disagree, here again is a recap of why we and other professional operators feel Mag Packs are superior:

1. Titanium nitride coated stainless steel is extremely resistant to harsh elements.
2. Self lubricating, specially designed follower prevents rounds from nosediving and failing to feed.
3. Ball bearing detent ensures reliable feeding and prevents excess wear on follower.
4. Mag bumper is not obtrusive for carry yet aids in positive seating of magazine and protects mag when dropped during speed reloads.
5. Orange indicator on followers allow quick assessment of rounds left in mag.
6. Removeable baseplate for ease of maintenance.
7. High quality Wolff springs used in all magazines.

And yes, Brownell's has them for full retail. If the Forumites don't feel that our extra effort in participating on this forum and trying to give forumites special offers for cool gear, let us know and we will stop.

Best always,

Tim
http://www.streetpro.com
Street Smart Professional Equipment

My fellow Arnistador, Tim,

Once I get to your web page, how do I go about finding the MagPack mags? I looked around, great site by the way, but can't seem to find them. Do I go to contact and leave a message, or is it in the product line? I appreciate the offer, but was wondering at the cost and shipping, since in all honesty was going to place a big order for various parts and such with Brownells soon at wholesale. Thanks Tim! EQUALIZERplus@netscape.net

I love the smell of burnt rattan after a hard workout. ;)
------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

[This message has been edited by EQUALIZER (edited October 20, 1999).]

I have found what I believe are the best 1911 mags for the money. They are made by 1911 Heaven in Chandler, AZ. The follower is built so that it will not tip foward during magazine removal. I have also tried Chip McCormick and Meggar. The mags from 1911 Heaven are about $20. www.1911-heaven.com

Hey Tim and Bill

I'm still interested. I almost put an order in to Brownells for some Mags but if you guys have them I'll give you my business. Let me know if you have them for the Officers model.

Thanks
Ross T.

Arnistador/Tim, I am sorry if I ruffled your feathers but I looked at your website and found no mention of Mag-Pack mags or pricing.
If your prices are competitive I would buy from you because of your site support. If your prices are not then I will purchase elsewhere. Competition always brings improvement.

We plan on ordering magazines for Gov't and Officer's. The reason why they aren't on our web page is because we do not normally stock Mag Packs. However, due to the number of emails we got off of this thread, we decided to do a one time order and get these magazines out to Forumites AT DEALER COST.

We are still trying to work out the logistics, but here is the initial estimate:

1911 Govt, Stainless (TiNi coated), with bumper ($23.30 from Brownell's). Expected Forumite price: ~$16.

Nothing is set in stone, but prices will be GOOOOD. :)

The special web page announcing the details will be up shortly and I will post the link here.

Best,

Tim

I'd like to know a bit more about these mags as I've neve herd of them before. But then again for the price it might be worth getting a few to play with and abuse.

I've been using Shooting Star mags for years now and have never ever had any kind of problem with them.

JohnnyDD, you can use either 7, 8, or 10 round mags. There are mags with lots of different names on them, such as Wilson, Metalform, and Shooting Star. Your Kimber should work just fine with any of them.

Johnboy

ROSENTHAL and others,

Our first order of magazines is on the way. Forumite price is $15.99 a magazine which is dealer cost with our shipping cost amortized in so that we don't lose money on the deal! Regular price through say, Brownells, is $23.30.

These are the Government model magazines, with Titanium Nitride finish over stainless steel, with removeable bumper.

As soon as the mags can be shipped from our door, we will post the official offering. If you have special requests such as pricing on Officer series guns, please send us an email.

Thanks,

Tim

Arnistador: I await your ordering info.

I got impatient (and needed some mags asap), and so ordered 3 from Brownells. I got 2 and an officer's mag rebuild kit, all w/o bumpers. In other words, they totally f/u'd my order. So, back they go, and I'll order from you.

I bought a few Wilson/Rogers mags to tide me over: VERY nice too. Expensive though.

Covert Mission,

I think part of the problem is that all BLUE Mag Packs are discontinued (according to the manufacturer) so when people order BLUE mags from Brownells, everything get's all F-ed up.

We already have an initial order of Mag Packs out in order to test ship time and fill those who have ALREADY (!) sent in money for magazines before even seeing the order. Once the first batch comes in, we will open up ordering to Forumites.

Thanks everyone for your patience. Mag Pack is not a huge company; they specialize in making awesome magazines and we are working with them to get the mags out to you at a primo price.

Tim

Arnistador,
Just checking to see if I missed a follow-up thread. Are you still working on the Mag Pack order? Are you taking orders now?

Thanks.

Arnistador,
Please email me with the ordering details.
I would like to order 2 for evaluation.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Hey all,

Finally got it together and put up a special page for our Internet/Forum friends. We have a small batch of Govt model mags in, and it looks like ROSANGHAL has dibs on all the Officer's model mags we have. We'll be ordering more so no worries.

The information is available at:
http://www.streetpro.com/magpack.html

BTW, it seems that MagPack mags have changed slightly since we last bought from them about 5 years back.

The new ones (as I mentioned) have the nitride coating over stainless steel which gives the magazine a dull finish. They also stopped putting in the orange sticker on the follower that is visible through the witness holes.

Fit and function are superb. These are the most reliable mags I have been able to find to date.

Tim

Tim, I have just sent my order for two (2) magazines for my 1911A1 via the internet.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Arnistador:

A couple of questions regarding the Mag Pack 1911 mags -

1. 7 rounds or 8 rounds?
2. Are baseplates removeable for easy cleaning?

Thanks.

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

dSorry to hear the blue ones are discontinued. I was going to do this, which I told by a LONGtime 1911 shooter is the hot ticket:
take the blued one and get them hardchromed. More lubricity and very tough.

Oh well.

Back