1851 Pietta Revolver

Tinker2 sounds like someone I'd enjoy sitting up all night listening and learning from. My Gosh it's been 30 years or more since I've done that. I used to do that quite a lot, now I fall asleep and don't learn anything but how uncomfortable a chair/bed is....LOL

Old Dragoon, what part of CA are you in? I grew up in the Bay Area (Oakland, Albany, Marin County) I see a reference to Emmigrant Peak. I am not familiar with it but I seem to remember an Emmigrant Gap on I-80 in the Donner/Truckee area. Is it the same general area?

I'm in northern Los Angeles County in the high Mojave Desert, nestled in the Angeles National Forest, little town called Acton. Emmigrant peak I was referring to is outside Livingston, Mt. near the northern Gate to Yellowstone National Park.

weld

johnrtse, there is sometimes a slightly lighter spot where weld has been done but with some blue it doesn't show. Depends on the blue I guess. The Belgian blue on the old dragoon second model didn't have any dissernable differences.Cold blue does sometimes but not real noticable.Regular salts hot blue probably would blend in real well. No special wire for the welder was used on the gun I talked about up there.

Back