1851 Navy .36,Powder,Ball,Cap,Wad......?

Thanks, George, I'll check it out. I bought some of that fake felt, too. I lit some to test it and it made some kind of plastic smelling smoke. It didn't go to waste, though. I used it around a back door the other day when it was 9 degrees. That's generally when I think about stuff like that. I have some real felt ordered from www.durofelt.com . I saw that place mentioned on TFL in a post by GATOFEO I think it was, some time back. Anyway, they don't charge anything for shipping so the price they show is what it costs at your door. Pretty hard to beat that!

Steve

George, No problem , I found the wads but the day I was shooting it was really windy out. I do know about the stuff your talking about.
The felt I got was from my hardware store and it was the real stuff. There are several companys that still make the 100% wool and that's the best in my openion. I bought a big piece of it from a lady who sells wool felt and it was really cheap. It's not as stiff as i like but it does a good job with a little lube over the dry wad it relly cleans the barrel out nice. No left over powder soot in the barrel. If you look at the pictures above you can see a strip of it.
I bought 9 yards long x 6" wide by 1/8" for $10.00 including shipping. It was a scrap piece she had laying around.

Back