Yugo Md. 57 (Tokarev)

I got mine and just fired it. I don't think it has been fired much, if at all, in the past. I seem to be able to hit on target from farther away then close range, I had a tendency to overshoot with this particular gun (I usually shoot 9x18) but it grouped well enough for my needs.

The bore was pristine, the crown is still sharp. You know how it "rounds" off after enough use, well mine looks brand new. Safety works, mag is good, recoil spring looks new also, I guess I got lucky. No pits, no rust, yhep...

+1 for SOG, but the magazine situation is pretty stupid.

I ordered mine as soon as I found out they went C&R. Sounds like just in time. Mine is what I would call like new, came with holster, cleaning rod, and extra mag.
To the range tomorrow to see if it shoots as good as it looks.

To the range tomorrow to see if it shoots as good as it looks.
The M57 turnd out to be a very good shooter. I had no function problems using Romanian surplus ammo. Accuracy was respectable for a milsurp also. It wasn't quite up to my Romanian TT-33, but right up there with my CZ 52. I even got the Polish TT-33 shooting pretty decent. I forgot to take my camera, so no pics ( Darn sticky back targets just come apart when you try to remove them!).
Also my chronograph wasn't working to compare MV of the Romanian ammo with some Check sub gun stuff I have.

.... and I was using the crap Polish surplus, you know, the split cases...

Shoots surprisingly well. No failures after 100+ rds.

Back