Yugo M48

OkieCruffler, that's a nice rifle. I'd like to ask what scope you have on it, and if that scope mount is one of the "instant" Picatinny rails that replaces the original ladder sight to avoid drilling and tapping for rings.

It's B-Square mount and yes, it just replaces the rear sight, takes about 30 minutes but can be kinda tricky to get level. I believe the scope in the pic is a NcStar 2-7X pistol scope. It's set up with irons again now but it I were to scope it again I'd probably go with a smaller scope, something like one of my 2X20's.

no $50 but heres some of my $75 guns

HPIM0070.jpg

Very sweet. I wish I had kept a few of mine but at the time I was thinking they would always be around and cheap. Think I had some brain damage from the cosmoline fumes.:o

prices sure have gone up over the last 10 years or so, I paid $100 bucks 6 years ago for my Yugo M24/47, $200 for my 98k, to help a friend out. $300 for an unissued (supposedly) M48a. I am totally satisfied with all my purchases, not that my wife is (haha). the Yugo's are solid rifles that shoot well, but I only shoot military duplicated handloads in mine, no surplus. With a scope 1-2" @ 100 yards, with iron sights 2-4" @ 100 yards, great old guns. The book "Cartridges of the World" lists many of the foreign military loadings that can be duplicated with modern loading manuals & components. These guns are great fun for the whole family. Enjoy !!

Pretty much the swedes are the most accurate on average. You can find a swede that doesn't shoot well but it's not that common. But I've had excellent shooters in turks, persians and the Yugo I posted above. It's kinda hard to tell what you'll get until you get it cleaned up and shoot it.

Back