Your thoughts on the bat

Blackwater ops said "That's not allowed!"

When I would go in a bar fight I had both a stick (issued) and my Mag-light,
used stick until it broke, then I used the Mag-light.

Then it was allowed!

heheh, I would just wait outside till they got tired of fighting. But then again you might be one of the guys that hit me on the back of the head and knocked me out while I was MPI, plainclothes in the E club. :rolleyes:

Used to be good fun to watch the rookies run alone and get their buts kicked, only work once though, they would always wait for backup the next time. :)

brett23 I carry a 3 ft long steel pipe in the back of my truck. If I ever get questioned about it I can prove that I use it to remove the Serpintine belt off my engine.

me too but if they ask me question's i use it to help me change a flat. i put the tireiron and then i put the pipe for more leverage. but it has been used for other things too:eek: .

I Agree with the 4D maglight. Baseball bats are better as two handed weapons, and real hard to fight with one handed. Also heavy flashlights are usually legal, and less threatening in some important situations. For example, if your car breaks down, or if you get into a fender bender no one will call the cops on you because you get out of your car with a flashlight in your hand. Ironically some police departments took away the multi D cell baton flashlights and went back to wooden batons and issued AA flashlights, because the big baton flashlight did "too much damage" to the bad guy, creating lawsuits.

tee-ball

Bats are meant to be two handed in use. But...

Use a tee-ball bat and it's a really light one handed weapon. They aren't as long, but can be easily swung with one arm if need be. Get a titanium/aluminum one cheap.

I used to carry one in my backseat when I was in high school. Mainly because a gang at my high school was supposedly going to "jump" me in the parking lot when I least expected it. I figured I needed something extra.

Oh well. I still like the idea of the maglight, but a tee-ball bat really can be effective.

Back