Your preferred GLOCK

I got quite a bit of trigger time with G18 pistols in the late 80's & early 90's... great pistol with easily controlled bursts.

If I could have one and only one Glock, it's a runaway: The Glock 19.

That said, I own five Glocks, and my favorites are the G19X and G43X MOS, which dance around the G19 configuration. This "crossover" business has really changed my way of thinking.

For carry, I use a G26. It hits a sweet spot in the concealment vs capacity contest for me, and I shoot it about as well as I shoot any centerfire handgun.

I've owned a: Gen 3 22, Gen 3 17, Gen 4 Glock 35, a not-a-Glock Polymer 80 G19. I think my favorite is a G35 (it would be a G34 if I had one) or the G35's Gen 4 frame with a G17 slide on it - which I do happen to have.

Between Gen 3 and 4, I like Gen 4 better. I notice the slimmer volume of the grip in the aft-to-front dimension. As much as people think a Gen 3 glock grip is a "brick", boy the untextured P80 G19 sized one is even more blocky in the grip contour in comparison.

I don't carry a Glock so I didn't feel compelled to try Gen 5, especially not with the extra cutouts.

I have always been curious about G19's. I want to see if the grip feels like the G17 but cut short, or if there is a curve that isn't there in other models. For example, when I was looking for my first IWB carry pistol I shot a G26 at the range (Gen 3) and there was a really severe "hump" in the grip that felt strange. Funny thing is, I shot it better than the others but went with the M&P40c at the time just because it felt more like other pistols I had shot.

I have owned a few Glocks over the years and currently have a Glock reproduction Gen1 P80, gen3 G19, gen3 G17 and just today picked up a G48. I have carried the G19 for many years and I think it is probably the best carry gun you can get for the money.

But, I am really liking the G48. I have smaller hands and even though the 19 fits me well enough, the thinner grip of the 48 just feels a little better. I believe that the Shield Arms 15 round mags will probably make it my new EDC.

I've owned a couple of Glocks over the years but was never impressed too much with them. Good guns, just not something I really cared for.

Then I got a Model 19 Gen 5. I don't know if it's the lack of finger groves or what, but I like the way it feels in my hand and the way it shoots. It's on my hip now. I guess I'll keep it.

enhance

I'm not a Glock fan but my wife likes her G23...handles the recoil from the .40 just fine...& qualified with it out at Front Sight in Nevada a few years ago. Since then I got her a Storm Lake 9mm bbl. to take advantage of the cheaper 9mm ammunition...or at least it was till the current Biden/Covid insanity began.

I reload my own & laid in enough primers et. al. to supply our needs and those of a few selected neighbors after Obama left the White House....so we're all right for the next four years at least...but...maybe this draught last longer than the last one...

The .40's a good gun, big enough for serious use, but still CC friendly for her use. She carries OWB for the most part...but does tote a Smith J frame (637) when the .40 is too much for her wardrobe.

Just a bit of add'l info on the G23...it'll feed .40's or 9's using the 9mm mags! But not the reverse...

Best Regards, Rod

Last edited:
Glock, Toyotas and Samsung electronics. No glam, they just work and they last.

Yes, yes, and yes.

My oddball favorite is a G20 with a factory Hog Barrel, but I don't shoot it much.

My only current Glocks are a first generation Glock 21 (still has the straight extractor) and a 3rd generation Glock 34. Both shoot really well for me. The 34 is the one I keep in the box by my bedside. It carries well OWB if I'm out in the boonies. Definitely not a concealed carry gun at least for me. The 34 shoots REALLY well for me. I guess it is my preferred Glock right now. I'm debating getting a 43x but it just seems a little big for what it is. I don't know why Glock doesn't skip the polymer coating and just make a steel mag like everyone else and they could make a 43 that holds 10-12 rounds easy. The Shield Arms magazines show that you can fit 15 rounds into a 43x. I'd buy a 43 that held 10 in a second. I'm actually leaning towards a Ruger Max 9 instead of Glock at this point, but I digress....

G26 for me. I don't currently own one anymore, but that might change when I can check out a Gen 5.

The G26 is the easiest carrying double stack I've ever owned. It is also reliable and a pretty tame shooting gun for its size.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

some time ago i went to large gun show on the east coast and a dealer i know had about 20 G-22 in .40 S&W trade in,s and let me look at all of them and i picked out one that looked brand new and bought it, i think it was 250.00 with a extra 14 shot mag. i like it and shoot it pretty well and i like the weight.

I really wanted a Kahr .45 and finally got into town, with money. While I was checking out the Kahr the Grandmother on the other side of the counter showed me a Golck 36.The Glock just fit better and that's what I got. It carries very well inside the waste band, appendix or behind my hip, or outside the waste band in an Andrews Leather Carjacker Crossdraw or an El Paso Saddlery Tortilla Holster, strongside, love their floral carving.

Gen 5 19 is easily my favorite. Not the model with the front strap cutout, the FS or MOS with the solid front strap.

Runner up is the Gen 4 21

Back