Your Personal "Carry Guns": Modified or Stock?

Most of my stuff is "out of the box" with a few exceptions:

Hungarian Pa-63 .380. Orange dot painted on front sight.

Colt Commander: Bakelite grips replaced with walnut

Hungarian Hi-power copy: Houge monogrip and extended wilson combat safty (stock safty was TOO SMALL for practical use)

then again I have a FULL custom rig too.. but I'm not sure I'd carry it for ccw/shtf.
Colt 1991 Upper on ODI viking seecamp DA lower, beavertail safty/extended safty and slide stop, gray parkerized stainless and black parkerized slide. orange painted front sight and houge monogrip chip mccormick shooting star magazines with bumpers. I need to practice with this a LOT more before I'd stake my life on it.. the controls are a little strange and the DA/SA trigger pull is like night and day.. but it looks really cool.

Dr.Rob

Stock Walther PPK .380 with FMJ's inside the waste band. Of course, I spend most of my time in a pretty nice neighborhood and don't feel the need for a bazooka in my pocket. My view of a defensive weapon is that I just want to make the other guy know that he needs to look for easier prey... I'm gonna take two shots and run like hell for cover...

All of my guns are modified. The one and only modification may be a single spring, as is the case with my Kahr K9, but all of them are modified in some way.

Stock Model 36 S&W J Frame--tried a Pachmayr
grip,but too bulky,so back to the original
small wood grips.It's 20 years old now but
still in good order.I shoot it once a month
to keep in touch.

Para-Ordnance P-12 .....Stock

H&K P-7.....stock

Browning HP....very minor modifications

------------------
Knee deep in brass, still shootin fast!

Good thread, Mr. Camp;

Usual Primary CCW: stock H&K P7M8
Occasional alternative Primary CCW: stock Glock 30

Usual "backup": stock S&W 642 Centennial

------------------
"Potius sero quam nunquam."

Stock SIG Sauer P220-1. :)

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

My KelTec P-11 mostly stock. I had the slide matte nickel plated and rails and slide/hammer interface polished by Jack Fuselier, smoothed up the trigger, added trigger shoe, trigger stop,Handall Jr installed. All really cheap mods. Really, it was a nice gun right out of the box, but felt the need to tinker, and it did improve the overall feel and performance. My P-32 has a trigger stop and belt clip.

------------------
Just killin' time, but it's killin' you too.
Foghat

Ultra elite Kimber with short STI carbon fiber trigger and Slim-Tec grips to accomodate my hands.

Every single one of the pistols that I would use for concealed carry either has been modified or will be modified. They get sights and action jobs, the autos get a feed ramp polish, the revolvers get the cylinders chamfered and the forcing cones recut, most all get checkered and new grips. This is at a minimum, some are built up from parts and others have the majority of the parts replaced.

Greetings Poster's; As you know, my carry
gun is a stock Sig P220A in .45ACP; alternating at times with a stock
Glock Model 27 .40caliber.

Best To All,

------------------
Ala Dan

Greetings, all. It appears that many carried modified weapons, but only slight alterations that meet specific needs. I appreciate the input. Best.

I carry a stock stainless Ruger Speed Six. 3" barrel in 357 Mag. The only thing done to it is polish engagement surfaces. A tank can run over this one and it will still work. Gotta love that!

Steve

A stainless Taurus 85CH with a Wolff spring kit installed and Uncle Mike's boot grips. Also carry a stock S&W 9mm semi- auto.

Stock USP40C with Mep nite sights and a stock (so far) G27 with Mep nite sites and Pearce +1 grip extension.

One of my favorite non-gun CCW items is my tried and true never failed Spyderco full size Wegner knife. Sorry for the ramble

Back