Your most accurate handgun?

8MM Mauser

Just curious? What is your most accurate handgun. Please exclude AR and AK pistols.

Mine is most definitely my Ruger MKII. I can keep this baby on a pie plate at 50 yards offhand! My groups at 30 yards with this gun look about the same as my groups at 10 yards with my Glock 19.

7368242_f260.jpg

So what handgun is your most accurate/ are you most accurate with?

Ruger 22/45 consistently hits an 8" gong at 100 meters with a fence post rest. I used to challenge others to shoot against me-them offhand with a rifle and me with the Ruger and a rest. I won often enough to burn out the competition.

My Witness P-F .45 4.5". I haven't missed yet, so limits are still unknown. I shot clay pigeons out to 30m. Hung from a tree of course. I need a bigger range.

Most accurate?

I'd say the Smith & Wesson model 52 I used to shoot in Bullseye matches. It is simply scary accurate and gives me thought there's some sort of internal guidance mechanism.

I have taken it apart for cleaning and found nothing of the sort I could identify.

I might be a good shot too if my barrel was so long it almost touched the target. :) This was said in jest.

I suspect my S&W Model 25 Mountain Gun in .45 Colt is as good as it gets for me. All of my firearms are more accurate than what I can currently capable of shooting. I am sure it has to do with age and eyesight and not the tool.

Thirty-five and more years ago I was deadly accurate with an M1911A1 while serving Uncle Sam.

I can still hit the side of a barn if I am inside of it.

I have a scoped gp100 that will shoot a cylinder into 1.5" at 50 yards. 100 yards is closer to 6" but some of that is me.

My .44 mag S&W 629 Classic DX came with a target showing 5 shots into 1.9" at 50 yards.

I've never shot my Hi-Standard Supermatic Trophy (.22) from a rest, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did better than that. It's so consistent that it makes it very easy to call shots when I'm off-center.

I can keep this baby on a pie plate at 50 yards offhand!

Not to disparage your shooting by any means, but there are more than a few Bullseye shooters who regularly do better than that one-handed with a centerfire gun having a 4" or 5" barrel. Barrel length makes it somewhat easier to keep iron sights on target, but doesn't make much of a difference in accuracy once you get beyond 4" in a well-made gun.

Last edited:
I got no idea which is "the most" accurate I have a few target 22LRs and several centerfire revolvers and a few centerfire autos that'll all shoot under an inch at 25 yards easy peasy.

My Sig P210 came with a bench test target of 5 shots, 25 meters = 27.3 yards, maximum hole-to-hole separation of 1 inch. My Mauser P08 may be comparable, but I haven't carefully tested it from a rest. My other guns, not nearly as good. I can't get that tight shooting handheld, but that's me, not the gun.

Not to disparage your shooting by any means, but there are more than a few Bullseye shooters who regularly do better than that one-handed with a centerfire gun having a 4" or 5" barrel. Barrel length makes it somewhat easier to keep iron sights on target, but doesn't make much of a difference in accuracy once you get beyond 4" in a well-made gun.

Yeah? I shoot about 4-5 times a year. Mostly self-defense drill and double-taps. I'm on a college student + young child budget.

How often do you figure those guys shoot?

It isn't comparable. They would shoot my Ruger way better than me to.

Last edited:
I might be a good shot too if my barrel was so long it almost touched the target. This was said in jest.

It's true. This ruger with that big heavy barrel has seriously no recoil. It's like shooting an airsoft gun.

Whenever I switch from this gun right to the aforementioned Glock I (despite my affection for my G19) can't help but say "eww" a little in my head.

Now if I could just find ammo for it...

Highpower: those are some very nice looking guns.

I suspected that this thread might just make me want a revolver; it is doing just that.

Back