Your ideal candidate?

You can't be so sensitive and feel denegrated by the fact that ALL religion is by definition superstition and myth. Religion is not definable by scientific process. It is not fact based, it is faith based...that is supposedly the whole point. :)

You can't be so sensitive and feel denegrated by the fact that ALL religion is by definition superstition and myth.

By definition, superstition and myth are things that are false. Unless you've been to the hereafter I don't see how you can make a definitive statement that god doesn't exist, whichever his particular persuasion he might be.

By definition, superstition and myth are things that are false
No, a myth is...

"a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, esp. one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature"

That is religion to a tee. :)

yessir

I'd also like a candidate that would stand up just once and say "Hey guys, not only do I support the second amendment but here's why: I believe the right to bear arms is important to keep guys like me from getting out of hand."

Superstition: 1 a: a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation b: an irrational abject attitude of mind toward the supernatural, nature, or God resulting from superstition
2: a notion maintained despite evidence to the contrary

Using this in conjunction with myth, which in common vernacular suggests a story which isn't true i.e. "its a myth that guns go off by themselves" implies that religion is a farce.

I would surely hope that you aren't going to hide behind some mincing of terms when you an I both know that those words as interpreted today mean that something is bogus.

That would be incredibly refreshing.
Seriously. I won't trust any politician's claim that he or she supports the RKBA unless they clarify why and if hunting, sports and home defense are the only reasons then they're not true supporters, imho. :o

edit: oh, one that would say "I won't sign any bill that comes to my desk without a stapled copy of the constitution with the appropriate section authorizing said bill highlighted" would be nice :D

My ideal candidate is running today ....

But were I to make him truly IDEAL .... RON PAUL with Barack Obama's charisma and speaking ability ....

The race for president would be a landslide for RP.

Back