Your guns and your fav to shoot

Hawg man I would love to shoot at those junk cars. I have bunch of crap set up down range. I wish I had some junk cars. I have stuff like 1/2” & 3/4” steel plate hanging a cracked Fuel wheel off my truck and a safe even. I have old rotors off my truck hanging a couple of oil filled radiator room heaters brake pads an old flat screen tv and some steel pipe

Favorite to shoot these days has been my .17 HMR CZ455. One day, I shot two coyotes in quick succession in my son's commercial blueberry field...one at 40 yards and the other at 130 or so, that was running flat-out away from me. The rifle first shot a woodchuck in the back yard and I was very impressed with its first kill! I've since shot other critters and it never fails to impress me with its handling and the cartridge is amazing for its quick kills, seemingly much bigger than it really is.

I may get 17HMR. NO MATTER WHERE I GO HERE IN TEXAS ALL THE AMMONSEEMS TO BE GONE BUT THERE ALWAYS SOME 17HMR LEFT

Shooting things

Once upon a time after chasing deer for the day my brother and I always competing with each other did an accuracy challenge.

We each had brought some take out food, in the Styrofoam containers we all know so well, these were about dinner plate size.

I put a rock inside each one, we propped the lids so we each had a "target" and we moved back about 250 yards.

1 shot each, me with my trusty old .270, my brother was shooting his 30.06, whoever was closest to center of the approx. 12" square was the winner.

1 shot, and my target was gone. After my brother took his shot we walked to the targets.
I guess I lost, since my target was gone. All we could find were little bits of Styrofoam, and it took a bit to clean it up.
My bullet hit the rock holding down the container and shattered the rock. Turns out I won. My brothers container did not have a hole in it.

I also have the most fun with my CZ455, .17 HMR. It kills much farther/faster than I thought it could. Seems a quicker killer than a .22 WRM, which has disappointed me on woodchucks, even at 25 yards.

My favorite has been my Savage 11/111 in 25-06 for 10 years, but I bought a Browning BLR in 7mm-08 and loved it but i made a mistake and bought a Browning Xbolt in 270 WSM and i fell in Love, but to be honest i love to shoot all my rifles but that 270 WSM is growning on me fast just a sweet rifle

I think my wife and I get more grins per shot shooting my Colt Series-70 1911 9mm.

After that, anything .22 (S/L/LR) as previously mentioned.

My .45 LM Colt Commander, great carry pistol (B/4 Glock!) When I first obtained my Florida Carry Permit (For 7 years, I still lived in Canada, my Son was a US Citizen, and resided in Florida) At that time obtaining a Hunting Lic in Michigan was good enough to apply for the carry permit, it was shipped to my Toronto address. PRIER to 911!
Using a change of address, I then used my Orlando address.

My LM Commander started to develop a frame crack! Using a tiny drill bit, I drilled into the frame exactly at the end of that crack. Advice, do not shoot it a lot, just carry. And I did.

.22 for the win

When it is time to shoot for fun, the .22's come out to play.

Can't have just one, they are all fun in their own way.

I shall note I am quite pleased with myself. After the last shortage I stocked up my ammo supply.
I am not stocked deep on every caliber, .22 is stocked up well for the time being.
The beauty of .22 is the fact it is both cheap and accurate. Frequently those two occur together.

Back