Your guns and your fav to shoot

Bailey71

Ruger 10/22-Rem Sportmaster .22-Rem .243-REM 7mm-REM 300 mag-.30 carbine-REM 22/250-450 Bushmaster-AR15-Btit 303-H&R Buffalo Classic mid 1871 in 45/70. Of all those the one that puts the biggest smile on my face is the 45/70. Absolute tons of fun to shoot!!

Ruger 10/22 pocket rifle and MKIV 22/45. The pocket rifle surprised me in a couple ways…I made it “just because” knowing full well that I probably wouldn’t shoot it often, however that has not been the case, it gets shot every time I take it with me…which is always. The other reason is how accurate it is for only having a 6” barrel…granted I’m not going to win any bullseye competitions with it, but it will put an entire 25 round magazine in a 2” circle at 50yds with a Burris Fastfire II red dot.

- Henry X in 45-70 ... it’s just fun.
- GP100 with 125gr FMJ under a healthy dose of H110 ... more fun
- CZ Scorpion with some heavy cast 147’s ... euphoria

most v. fun

If by favorite we mean "shoot the most", it's a toss up. Either a Mossberg 44US w/ issue peeps, , or a Ruger 77/22, scoped. I'll add that the Ruger, a stainless/synthetic model, may be the best gun money I ever spent.

Fun would be a PSL, 7.62x54R with Belarus scope.

Barrett .50 M107A1 hands down at night onto water with tracers.
(You’ll need a couple miles of known empty land behind them)
Volvo engine blocks are a close second target.

Edit: Here we're helping range management by rapidly wacking ants on a mound in front of a target :D :D
:D

https://i.imgur.com/7LrAkqs.mp4

Last edited:
Pianos??

We once turned an old upright piano in to kindling. A member of our little group had a connection with a piano guy. Occasionally they get an old piano that can't be tuned, usually the frame is cracked.
They make a marvelous target for half a dozen guys with lots of ammunition. We turned an old upright in to a pile of kindling.

Worst part? We were on BLM land, and we don't leave a trace behind. Hint park the piano on a big plastic tarp, that will ease the clean up.

My favorite is my old 1943 Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30 PU sniper.
This gun is about 78 years old & still hits distant gongs like a sledge hammer. I like pulling the trigger & having time to put the gun down & sit up to then hear the ring of the gong.
Things like this can put a smile on your face real fast.

I like to shoot all my guns. But my 1873 Springfield Trapdoor and Bisley in 45 Colt are my two favourites. Though I have to admit the Glock 44 I bought a few months ago has to be about the worse I have.

I hear ya Hawg. If I’m shooting im loving it but I still got that one that’s idk a little more exciting than the rest. That’s just if my guns. I’m sure I would like something bigger and better I mean like earlier in the thread the guy talking about shooting the .50 BMG at engine blocks. That right there I am sure would put a grin on me like the joker

I hear ya Hawg. If I’m shooting im loving it but I still got that one that’s idk a little more exciting than the rest. That’s just if my guns. I’m sure I would like something bigger and better I mean like earlier in the thread the guy talking about shooting the .50 BMG at engine blocks. That right there I am sure would put a grin on me like the joker
I've never shot a BMG but I bet it's a hoot. My dad and I had a junkyard back in the 70's and it was a blast shooting up junk cars that were due to be crushed. It's also a lot of fun to see how many 30-06 rounds a running engine can take before it quits.

Back