Your favorite .22 handgun

Accuracy: High Standard Duramatic w/6 in bull barrel

Plinking: Ruger Super Single Six in stainless w/5 1/2 in barrel. If I'm having a good day this little guy will shoot as good as the high standard!

Gonna get me a Ruger MkII Gov't Model soon. Well ... Christmas is in .... Damn it! There's just never enough "bullet budget" to go around.

Sensop

Looked around for 6 months for a nice HI Standard under $400 and could not locate one.
I "settled" for a KMK678GC that Hamrick and
Gibson in Greenwood SC put a KIT in and Red Dot on. What fun. Shoots 'a dime' at 25 yards.Robert's (one of the 'Smiths) does 'a
nickle' at 100 YARDS. Of course his looks nothing like a Ruger except general aappearance.
"A dime anytime"...dan

I really enjoy shooting. I probably shoot more .22 rf ammo than all other calibers that I have, combined.
I have a S&W 617, S&W 18, S&W 41, Ruger 514, and really like them all a lot.
Thursday my Ciener Platinum Cup arrived. I have only put 400 rounds through it, but I can tell that this is definitly gonna' be a shooter. I have tried five different types and manufacturers with 0 malfs due to ammo. The lube did get a little stiff yesterday in the cold wind, but today it was fine after I wiped it dry. I might clean it now and start over, but it has displayed great reliability so far.

Neil Casper

ruger MK2, built like a rifle action, never
break and if it did parts would be cheap,
nice suppressed weapon package, :)

I have 2 .22 pistols, a Rugger Mark II 5.5" bull barrel and a Beretta 87 6" target. I had a trigger job on the Mark II and it is a very accurate gun. The trigger is very sweet, hair trigger, that makes shooting the Ruger very easy. One can pick up and master the Ruger at no time. Therefore, I got very bored with the Mark II. On the other hand, the Beretta Chetah 87 is a little light gun which is kind of challenging to shoot it well. I spent quite sometime with it and now very please with the Beretta 87. Its accuracy is as good as the mark II, provided
that I spent quite sometime practicing with the Beretta. It is a challenge and lot of fun shooting the Beretta. Thus, it is not easy.
Moreover, the Ruger jammed "very" often but not with the Beretta, not even a single jam though thousand of rounds. The Ruger's look is kind of rough and tough compared to the elegant look of the Beretta. I love them both
but more with the look, the fun, the challenge of the Beretta Chetah 87.

For plinking and just general handy-work, I have a Ruger Bearcat. Sweet little revolver.

For serious target work, the most accurate I've seen so far, si a Browning Buckmark. It's a tack-driver.

LawDog

My favourite is now a Sig Trailside 4". I'm trying to find a 6" with adjustable sights for better target shooting fun.

There's nothing like a lightweight gun to make shooting lots of ammo easier!

Here's a picture of it:
Trailside.jpg

-Jon
http://www.22world.com

Counting .22 Magnum, my favorite .22 plinker is the S&W Model 650. I'm not sure why I like this little gun--I just do. :)

Otherwise, my favorite .22 is the old-style S&W Model 17--all steel, with target hammer and target trigger.

a) Ruger 22/45, after I sent it back and complained - they replaced the bolt, polished the inside, took the spur off the bottom of the ramp and set the trigger at 2 1/2 pounds - all for free and refunded my shipping costs.

b) Ruger Single Six I bought in 1972, and when I get bored I put the magnum cylinder in and illuminate the range with muzzle flash from the 5 1/2" barrel.

S&W K22 and Ciener 22 Conversion on my Colt 45 Gold Cup National Match. They are both fun and accurate!

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

Back