Your favorite .22 handgun

My favorite is a Browning Buckmark 5.5 Target with a Burris 2x EER scope. Beautiful little pistol. Have taken squirrels out to 100 yards (luck/skill) with it.

Steve

Darn hard question.

I have the S&W model 41 old style and it is a tack driver. I also have the Ruger Mark II Stainless Slabside Bull Target it is also a tack driver. Out of the two I would probably choose the Ruger because it is stainless and I shoot it more.
The model 41 is almost in retirement for my baby girl when she is old enough to shoot it. My son will get the Ruger Mark II, he likes the stainless better.

Have a great year
Judge Blackhawk

Three favorites: 1) Smith & Wesson model 41, Which I still use in bullseye. 2) Colt Officers Model Target Revolver, manufactured in 1953. I hope to pass this on in the family one day. 3) Smith & Wesson model 17. My wife's favorite.

I had the M41 and loved the finish, but for some reason, probably just me, it seemed to "torque" with the version I had. It was the bull bbl and felt too heavy in wrong place. I now use the Hi Standard Trophy w/Herrett palmshelf grips for bullseye.
For the plinking (but it is damn near as accurate as the HS) I also use the K22 vintage 1962. It has the finest trigger of any revolver I have ever owned. SA, you can NOT discern ANY trigger movement.

Tough question! I have completely enjoyed every .22 I ever had. Even the ones that wouldn't group for nothin'. .22s are just fun to shoot.
Of the ones I currently own, I'd have to say the Browning Buckmark. Great gun and very accurate.
I have been giving a lot of thought lately to getting another Model 17. I wish I'd never sold the one I had.

I would have to say right now, it's a Ruger 512 I bought in 86 and put all of the Volquartsen goodies in it last year. Makes a good gun even better. It's the best 22 plate gun I ever had.

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

S&W 22a 5 1/2 " for accuracy. Phoenix Arms HP-22 for plinking. I also have a Sundance Point Blank Derringer that is quite fun.

------------------
Just killin' time, but it's killin' you too.
Foghat

[This message has been edited by tatters (edited December 28, 1999).]

accuracy: my Clark-Ruger MK II with Aimpoint XD scope

plinking: Browning Challenger II, my first handgun :)

My favorite .22 for plinking is an older model (I don't know what year) is an H&R Model 999 nine shot revolver. This in spite of nearly continual difficulties to fire reliably for the last year. For accuracy, i'd have to say a High Standard (original) model sharpshooter, with a 5 or 5.5" bull barrel. only problem is the bloody annoying mag release is european style, on the bottom. Ugh. other than that, great gun.

I should be receiving my Ruger Single-6 with 6 1/2" barrel in a week or so, and I'll let you know then!

It has adjustable rear sights, so I'm thinking that it will be really good out to at least 25 yards, which means lots and lots of small, dead, furry things. :)

Has to be a Ruger Mk II. I gave my dad one for his birthday almost 20 years ago and I still can hardly borrow it from him. Guess I'll have to get one of my own. Very accurate!

------------------
ff ...save the 2nd. No fate but what we make.

Ruger MKI that is so old it has very little bluing left but still shoots like hell and a Taurus model 96 thats pretty sweet. Would love to have another Hi-Standard or a Smith 41 and this new Sig Trail-pro looks promising.

Back