Your CCW/CHL: what kind of holster and where is it on your body?

N82 Tactical, IWB at 3:30 position. The most comfortable IWB holster, I have ever used. Plan to get another for one of my full sized pistols.

glock sport

I've become a big fan of the Glock sport holster. The larger G20/21 size fits both the Glock big bores, and the smaller G17/34 family as well, though the smaller Glocks have just a bit of slop in the fit. The Sport is an OWB holster which requires some type of cover garment. In the summer the shirt tail is out.

If not carrying a Glock, I have an assortment of the Yaqui Slide type leather holsters for my other autos.

If the luau look is not feasible in hot weather, I drop P232 or .38 snub in my pocket and proceed carefully.

AIWB Uncle Mikes el cheapo holster

I have been at this awhile now, and find appendix carry inside the waist band with an Uncle Mike's "sock" type holster with the clip over my trousers and a belt to work well. I carry a S&W 22-4.

Beltmen belt (THATS IMPORTANT)
CompTac Minotaur or OWB, depending.
Spare mag in a CompTac single mag holder. Also a simple Toolman tool holder is excellent for that.

I also used to have a Galco slider when I carried .45ACP. Loved that holster.

I made it my self. It is a pocket holster for my J-Frame. It is in my strong side pocket. I also carry my NAA .22short in a necklace holster that I got off of E-bay.

Yeah I always carry 2 even though I am not sure the NAA counts :o

I carry a Kahr CM9 or SIG P245 at about 10:30 crossdraw with untucked shirt. Even the larger SIG disappears easily, and you can sit down with it as well. I use a Sticky Holster made for the size of each one.

I also will pocket carry the Kahr with that same Sticky. I have a Stays-Put pocket holster that I carry a Colt Mustang Pocketlite for extra light carry.

Although I profess to favor Galco holsters, and have several, my usual CC set up is either a .40 Firestar or a 1911, in a no-name holster I picked up for $10 in a plastic bin of used holsters at a gun show. I like it because it has a protective flap of leather that extends upward higher than the gun on the side of the holster that sits next to my skin, affording more protection from sweat. It is an IWB holster that I wear just behind my left hip (I shoot leftie). I've worn this for about 15 years, and, sure, I could go with something fancier, but why fix sumptin' that ain't broke.

If I have to wear a shirt tucked in, without any type of jacket, I wear the gun in a "bellyband" under my arm. Not the fastest type of carry, but, hey, at least I have my weapon with me.

Attachments

• firestar.jpg
    firestar.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 17
full size 1911 clone in a Kramer IWB #3 in Horsehide on a The Wilderness Store belt usually, sometimes a G&G leather "dress" belt that isn't very dressy but I haven't found better yet.

Usually a 1911 officer in a leather OWB belt slide, no retention strap, at about 3:00. Sometimes that same pistol in a horizontal SOB (I don't want to hear it). But for quick walks down to the beach or runs into town it's often a 357 snubby dropped in my front pocket with a cheap pocket holster.

For the past several months, six months or so, I've been using a modified Tom Threepersons holster made by Graveyard Jack. Had it customized by eliminating the retaining strap/hammer thong, and open bottom.

This worn about three o'clock. Leather, of course. This for a Ruger Blackhawk .44 Special.

Bob Wright

Back