You know you are a gun nut when . . .

Guy running a lever rifle fired 2x without working the lever, then worked the lever 2 times without firing, IIRC.
Oh, I've worked the lever on a rifle 2-3 times in a row without firing it, but never the other way around. I'll have to learn that one.

No, I am the local gun nut. Friends call me and ask about a gun they or a friend have, and 2-3 seconds into their description I am describig the rifle in detail and they're just saying "yeah, yeah, yeah, how did you know that?" and I tell them because of something minor they told me that cued me in. Friend called me, his friend has a 8mm rifle from ww2, straight bole handle, kind of potbellied, and I ask "5 or 10 round magazine? Probably 5 since the 10 round ones were mostly destroyed by the Nazis when they occupied France" and there is a deafening silence on the other end of the line. "Oh, Berthier rifle, French, 8mm Lebel". Stuff like that.

When any store that doesn’t sell guns and ammo just isn’t worth entering.

When you have visited the local gun counter so many times you pretty much know the inventory by heart.

When every gun counter visit is free entrance but 500+ to leave.

I was watching a re-run of a Blue Blood episode when I was the only one viewing, who noticed the .38 Cal Revolver, was a skinny barrel model in the courtroom but was a heavy barrel model when it reached the outside!

Back