"Yippy dogs"

With a crooked back, she probably doesn't move very well

She gets along fine, just when she runs, her back legs seem to be to the right of the front ones.

Lets say shes tried to catch a deer a few times(and would have succeed if she were smarter..), went FLYING down the hill at it, with her head down charging. Looked up to see the deer gone, put on the breaks and went tumbling, funny to see for sure.

Do not waste time or dogfood on a Miniature Pinscher, unless unprovoked, nonstop nuisance barking is what you are looking for. These are the most worthless breed of dog I've ever seen. Can't train these defiant little bastards and my wife's vet tells me they live a very long life. They are the most brave dogs ever, IMHO. The two my wife has aren't smart enough to back down from anything!!!

I know you are thinking of a small yippy dog but why not a larger quiet dog? I also just wanted a chance to show off pictures of my big "puppy". :D She has so much character that she swears she is human!

Attachments

• Sushi 1.jpg
    Sushi 1.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Sushi2.jpg
    Sushi2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 17
As this has gone to 5 pages, I don't recall if I mentioned this before or not, but when you decide on a breed you might consider a rescue agency. The people we live with are part of the Norwiegen Elkhound rescue, and as far as I know have never discriminated because of marital status when it comes to finding loving homes for the rescues.

Elkhounds are wonderful dogs, in their own way. But I have not, EVER seen a more STUBBORN breed of dog. They are, however, some of the most loving animals I have ever been around.

Once you decide on a breed (if you want a purebreed) the web has listings for rescues for all different breeds of dogs. The cost is usually about $50 and the dogs have all their shots and usually have been fixed already. These, too, are second chance dogs.

CajunsMisty,

Have you dealt with Akitas before? They are pretty stubborn as well. I know my dog fully understands what I am telling her but sometimes she just has a mind of her own. I guess it is good training for when I have kids! :p :D

Back