Yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture looks as if it is taken in an evergreen forest of some type. Are there many evergreen forests in Marquette Co, Wisconsin?

If I recall, WBL posted pictures of his stand earlier this year and it was in a deciduous forest.

Not sure. I could be wrong as I have never been to southern Wisconsin.

Last edited:
I'm still thinkin' the deception is not between Warbirdlover and us, but between WBL and his friend Mark. Just trying to give a fellow TFL member the benefit of the doubt.

WBL....have you talked to you friend Mark yet? I've been thinkin' about this thread all day. If you go to the Wis/DNR website they have a good amount of info on cougars here in Wisconsin. This map Cougar Sightings in Wisconsin shows where the verified sightings have been in Wisconsin over the last few years. If you look at the 4 southern most sightings(Juneau, Jackson, Trempealeau and Buffalo counties) I'm kinda in the middle. I hunt Jackson, Monroe and Vernon counties. There is also a link on this page to report cougar sightings Report cougar sightings. I suggest you and/or Mark report your cougar so you can get Marquette County(Wisconsin) on the map. There are also some good stories if you click on the Hoaxes box about some of the many hoaxes and fraudulent cougar sighting claims made.

Well, I guess they wont miss it when it's gone....

Doofus, Cougars are a protected animal in Wisconsin so I hope you're not suggesting the illegal elimination of it. The last time a member here suggested the illegal elimination of an animal, the Mods closed down the thread. Since I want to see this thread go to some sort of conclusion as to who's picture of the cougars it really is, I again hope that's not what you're suggesting.

Cougars are a protected animal
Don't know how it could be protected if it doesn't exist, but if it's protected I would definitely not be suggesting removing it.
I would point out the irony of protecting non-existent creatures, though.

Don't know how it could be protected if it doesn't exist, but if it's protected I would definitely not be suggesting removing it.
I would point out the irony of protecting non-existent creatures, though.

I would point out the irony of not reading the thread and knowing the OP's premises have been shown to be false. You are playing up a patently false claim.

First, mountain lions do exist. Second, they have existed in the recent past in WI. Third, WI has laws that protect them. Fourth, this is because they travel long distances and easily repopulate previous ranges. And Fifth, WI DNR recognizes and has numerous documented and verified examples of mountain lions in WI in the last several years.

Not only does the creature exist, it exists in Wisconsin. There is no irony about having laws to protect it.

With that said, the OP's mountain lion does not exist in WI. It exists is MI and cannot be covered under WI law until and if it ever enters WI political boundaries.

I'm in the process of questioning this picture also. Something smells wrong here.

I got an e-mail saying that "Mark" (one of the bowhunters on our land) put this camera up by my stand but now I'm thinking "Mark" (or one of the "guys") is BS'ing us. If I find out I'll put up what I find.

Regardless, WI does have mountain lions. I would not be surprised if the all the lower 48 states either have them or have them travel through the state.

I think we have all the relevant information and discussion for the time being. We will be looking forward to further information from WarBirdLover in a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back