Yes - M1 has arrived!

I'll eventually put my application in, but I want the premium grade one, so I'm still saving, and waiting until they'll take apps for those again.

------------------
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Thanks fubsy. I am hoping to get the GI ammo can that people mentioned on this thread. To tide me over, there is a local gun store that usually has some clips. Last time I checked, they had a canvas GI ammo bandolier (not sure if that is the right term) full of loaded clips. That'd be cool to have.

------------------
Connecticut is the "Constitution" State
http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/beefclub

After reading this thread a while back I sent for the application packet. Does anybody recall how long it takes to get it mailed back? Also does the ammo they have available come with clips? I'm waiting for the packet with great anticipation. Its been a long while since I trained with a Garand in military service. Hope everything expedites quickly. Thanks much, Bob

The DCM ammo should come packed in enbloc clips. You need to look around, everyone sells the clips. I have a whole box full that I have collected over the years.try Gunparts Corp. They have them but I don't know how much off hand.

Joefo

I am from Ohio and shoot at Camp Perry often as a OHARNG member. How do I get into the program to get an M1? How much do they cost? I am a member of the Wright Pat Shooting Club?

Cheaper Than Dirt has M-1 Garand clips at 5 for $4.95 + shipping.

I bought a bunch at the gun show for fifty cents each. Then found another bunch for FORTY cents each (bought a bunch there too).

Well, I haven't been here for a while, suprised this thread is still running.

CMP has revised it's rules, you may now but two "service grade" M1's per year. Additionally you may also purchase a "Danish M1" (these were lent to daneland and retuned).

I ordered my second one two weeks ago. Hopefully I won't be as impatient this time.

I have seen clips for as low as $35 per 100. I think it was Fulton Armory. My friend got a box in and they were brand new looking. Check Shotgun News.

Enjoy.

------------------
Blackie
NRA, GOA, ISRA

Back