Yes - M1 has arrived!

AR BLACK

My M1 was here at my house waiting for me when I got home. Got it through the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) www.odcmp.com . It's a Springfield Armory, made in 1944. Wish it could talk.....

Fusby - I'm ready for the range! Can't wait until January to order another.

------------------
Blackie
NRA, GOA, ISRA

By the way, I was just working the action (no clip & not loaded) and caught my first case of "M1 Thumb". Sweet! :)

ar black,,,,,,
When I saw that header I knew.....it took a while but congratulations.........I cant wait till january either.....also Im sending off for a seperate receiver and will by a parts kit with everything but the receiver so I can build up two minimum a year....the parts one will be a short 18" in 308 with an ier scope on the barrel..... cant wait......good shooting and buy bunches of clips........oh yeah save your paper work and send in for your can of ammo from the cmp as well,,,the price is cheap for a tin of gi ammo....fubsy.

Hi guys - it took only two months to get my M1 after I mailed the application:

June 3 - mailed in
June 11 - my info entered into NICS. They sat on it until July 8!
July 25 - I called and got serial # - (CMP now said 2-3 weeks ship time).
August 3 - GOT IT!

Fusby - I will call and see about the ammo deal.

ME: :) :) :) :)
WIFE: What is that package?
ME: What package?
WIFE: That package Fed-X left here. Well? :(
ME: :) :) :) :)

Congrats on the M1! I picked one up in a private deal a few months back. Receiver made in early December '41, barrel made in '50, both SA. It's a great shooter ! As you said, if only it could talk.

Chris..

Dennis...look at the very forward position of the operating rod, under the handguard, you should see the markings there near the top of the barrel, if I recall correctly...it's been a few weeks since I looked!

Regards, Chris..

I mean I'm really grateful! (Sorry for the double tap.)

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited August 05, 1999).]

AR Black,

I went to the odcmp.com site. Do they list prices on the rifles somewhere up there? Would the service grade be the least expensive, they said "no wood". I know this may be barbaric, but does someone make a fiberglass stock for the M1's?

AR Black,

Congratulations on your new purchase. Yes, please do buy another...for the Children. I'm very pleased with the one I bought. I brag that Bill Klinton's anti-gun government sold and shipped it to me via the mail. Nowadays they use Fed Ex.

Gary

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

mattfra,
the boyds bros. make a laminate stock for one and I cant locate att but there is a guy name of Don Johnson, not the actor, he is located in Naples fla, and he sells synthetic stocks he also has forward mount scope mounts for the ier scope for a garand, they are mounted directly on the barrel. Also, he will do a complete package for almost 2k on a garand calls it his fdr.....I cant drop that kinda cash right now and if I could most likely would buy another m1a....fubsy.
http://www.boydboys.com/

Here is that url for Don Johnson and Ill see If you go to his page you can see a photo of the compact garand with forward mounted scope...he calls it his fdr......I cant afford the package, but I will find a way to afford the forward mounted scope on at least one of the garands...fubsy. http://home.sprynet.com/~gunwork/

[This message has been edited by fubsy (edited August 07, 1999).]

The "service grade" M1 cost $400.
without wood $325.

The "select" and "collectors" grades are so backlogged they are not taking applications for these right now.

After you get a rifle, they will let you buy a tin of ammo for $84 shipped (280 rounds on clips = 35 clips)
so
35 clips at 35 cents each = $12 worth of clips.
Then the ammo ends up costing 25.6 cents each round.

+=+=+=

The best ammo deal I found is Classic Arms www.classicarms.org
400 rounds of Talon M-2 Ball 149 gr FMJ for $85.00
That comes to 21.25 cents per round.

Good shooting!

------------------
Blackie
NRA, GOA, ISRA

I just shot my first Garand this weekend, with my brother and good friend. I was amazed at the complexity of the parts, and at how little it kicked, steel butt plate and all. Managed to not trap my thumb ;)
It was a CMP approved course of fire, so as soon as i scrounge up the money, I am applying for mine.
This will be my brother's first center fire rifle.

------------------
Connecticut is the "Constitution" State
http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/beefclub

Please go for it guy's. The DCM "cmp" is in a great struggle to stay alive! The DCM was founded to keep a quantity and quality of us shooting folks up and ready for the next call from the government! You remember, marksmen from the ranks etc. to go and do the work..... Up's
I will stop here except to say my DCM Garand was a Winchester!
"IF YOU HAVEN"T DONE THE CMP program" please!
DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!
Your buddy, Hank

[This message has been edited by HankL (edited August 10, 1999).]

I am sorry if my above post left some of you wondering where I stand. The CMP is one of the most outstanding programs available to US citizens today! It was originally set up to train us to be marksmen. Good use of public funds, sell rifles instead of paying for rifles to be scrapped. Sell rifles to folks who "QUALIFY" and end up with a group of folks who could step forward if our country needed it. This fine program has been cut to the ground by the past several dictators some of whom are draft dodgers and still wish to put American citizen in harm's way.
Let's buy em up before they are ground into scrap iron and sold to "?" who might make bomb casings or something from them.

othermarc,
Hope it comes quick, and try and find some clips for the thing, there out there you just might have to look and someone on here will have a url I m sure......good shooting, fubsy.

Back