Yard Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
No predators to worry about except for the 2 legged kind <well maybe stray dogs or coyotes>........so.....Used to be a CZ-82. Now it's a P-11. Both has the same capacity of 12+1 but the 9x19 packs a little more punch and I love the true DAO :eek:

Yard/Truck Guns

As a ready long gun around the house I keep a 22 Romanian trainer on the wall with 2 magazines, 1 with CCI HP, another with Aquila sub-sonic.
20 ga single barrel with #6, #8 and buckshot handy.
In the pick-up, ammo as well so I just leave "house stash" alone.
Ithaca 37 at bedside, 00 and some express #4 with it.
Get a small plastic bottle and cut off top. Stick the end of barrel in it when the muzzle is in the floot board, protects your crown.
And of course whatever I am concealed carrying this week.
I am not of the "one gun" school, I practice with them all, carry several differant handguns.

Pray and Shoot Daily.
Lee Jones(Celtgun)

Depends on the mood. I rotate the G19 and the RIA compact/tactical 1911 regularly. Long guns also change with season/mood. Marlin 336 30-30 WASR AK-47 or the winchester 243. I also like to mix it up if you can't tell:)

Typically a .22cal Beeman air rifle (break action type) hanging just inside the workshop door for most yard pests.

Whatever CCW I would be carrying anyway.

The area near where I live used to be a popular spot for various illegal transactions (hookiing, drugs, etc) and we had to deal with some of the traffic to and from.

A couple of years of cooperative work with the local police dept and the neighbors has made that area very UN-popular and evenings are restfully quiet these days.

one that is with you while doing outside chores around the house

When the yard is over 4000 acres :) you can carry whatever you want.

My 4 dogs are with me out there, better than a gun, a gun cant alert you to strangers like my dog can. Then again, never had anyone come up to me when out doing my chores.

I dont always carry a weapon, but when I do, it is a 1911 in .45

Stay safe my friends...

A Para SKS with the tactical muzzle break and a chest bandolier carrying 300 rounds for any immediate social needs. I have this over my normal 5.11 combat shirt/jacket and trousers and level II kevlar. I do not normally feel the need for ceramic plates but I have one set inside the front door and another set stashed "somewhere else". I also have a Glock 20 with 4 mags loaded with high tech Extreme Shock ammo that only operators can get legally, but I have the paperwork to prove who I am. I have a "BUG" which stands for "Back Up Gun" on my ankle (Ruger SP101) also loaded with the best, Extreme Shock instant incapacitation ammunition. I have a variety of weapons "salted" throughout the compound which covers 3/4 of an acre, so you can see I might need a "New York Reload" at any time if the SHTF and I am out back in the bush TCB keeping my skill set sharp. I take this stuff seriously unlike many folks who think it is a game. I also have a built in alarm system with my Irish Setter/Shar Pei cross which I trained myself for security work. I also have a goose that is not afraid to honk when a potential "Tango" is spotted. I hope this helps.

Two funnies in one thread is killing me, jhenry and markj got my vote for funny, I usually have my j frame with me.

Simply my EDCs, namely a Kimber UCDP in .45 ACP, open carried while home, and a Glock 29, open carried when at the northern property.

I live on the lake, but in a pretty developed area. The main unwelcome critters I run into around the yard are cottonmouths and copperheads. I carry an S&W J-frame 442 loaded shotshell-JHP-shotshell-JHP-JHP when doing yardwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back