WWYD - Video

Since some people can't read between the lines, or feel a need to state that the Sun rises in the East, I'll state it clearly that:

YES, BEING ATTACKED BY A CROWD CAN RESULT IN DEATH.

So now that I've stated the obvious,I'd still like an answer from you, Winston, as to why the crowd DID NOT KILL.

It certainly wasn't lack of numbers, nor opportunity.

I'm not asking you to be a mind-reader, but to share your opinion on why they didn't kill this fellow when they had a chance to.

If you don't want people to misunderstand your thoughts and intentions, expend more than one sentences worth of original effort, rather than a bunch of quotes from other sources that say nothing of YOUR intentions, into making them clear.

Did I call this a "Schoolyard Scrap" or some other bullsh*t incident? No.

I've referred to it as "Attack"

My comment on schoolyards and bar-rooms was in response to your referring to freak incident where someone died after being punched.

To quote you:

mvpel said:
...you assumed the worst, and ascribed the worst possible motives and mindsets to me, just assuming I don't understand the risks and possible complications.

Are you not doing the same?

Any hit to the head has the chance of fatal injury, DUH!, but that's so rare compared to the number of fights that occur in schools and bars where someone gets hit in the head that's it's negligible.

Again, I've seen people take more injury than a single punch and walk away from it, so I'll not be assuming everyone who is attacked, even by a crowd, is automatically going to die and react as such.

Just a couple of months ago, someone attacked my boss at work with the stated intention of murdering him.

I hit the man a minimum of three times in the skull, edgewise, with a sharpened 14" mower blade with full swings, after repeated blows elsewhere failed to deter.

Blood everywhere, but the man continued the attack and fled shortly thereafter. He has yet to be caught.

Maybe they were glancing blows, maybe I was sub-conciously restraining myself from murdering another human being, who knows. All I know is that people can take a lot of punishment without dying.

And, having watched the video repeatedly, I counted seven attackers (at any one time), only a couple of whom were repeatedly striking him. Half the crowd never touched him, and the majority of the rest only made one or two hits before running away.

OBVIOUSLY NECCESSARY DISCLAIMER: This doesn't excuse their behavior.

"Wilding" seems a better discription of this attack than a premeditated (or even spontaneous) robbery, even if money/valuables were taken.

Or is this term too racially loaded for the PC police in this thread?

And do you think that you'd have to fire more than 11 rounds to stop the attack? You say:

mvpel said:
To empty a magazine, that would require 11 shots. I counted quite a few more than 11 attackers there, and even the vaunted .45 doesn't guarantee a one-shot stop.

So are you saying you'd have to shoot more than 11 attackers and the .45 is inadequate, since it doesn't guarantee one-shot stops? Or are you saying you wouldn't have enough ammo to fire a "Hail of Lead" at them?

Do you think you'd have to fire more than a single magazine worth, or even more than ONE shot, to scatter the crowd?

If a single shot in the air will stop the attack, with no wounded 'victim' or dead 'victim' families to cry and get media sympathy, than why fire at them and risk getting yourself in a legal mess? Or are you going to claim 'I had to stop 'em.' as a defense?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 2400
"shots in the air", "Warning shot", "aim low", "Wing them"? WTFO?
If you're going to shoot, shoot to stop the threat!

Quote:
(and everyone else advocating "Shoot 'em!")

Why the bloodlust?

If firing a warning shot stops the attack, then the attack has been stopped.

Bloodlust, advocating shooting??
I said and I quote "If you're going to shoot, shoot to stop the threat!". Where do you see me advocating "bloodlust"?
Is it legal to "fire a warning shot" in your state? Could you defend it in court? Are you going to accept the responsibility of where the "warning shot" winds up, if you hit someone or something downrange?

Back