Wow, my Beretta 21A Bobcat 22lr can be reliable

...and I personally know a man that was shot in the chest with a 12 ga. at 10 feet. He ran 35 yards afterwards and is alive today.
I know OF other situations where there were one shot stops with .25s and .22s. Your implication that the .25 WILL NOT stop someone is absurd. People who don't know any better might read your comments and become very careless with a small gun.
Be careful what you say on the Internet.

Bill: said:
"...and I personally know a man that was shot in the chest with a 12 ga. at 10 feet. He ran 35 yards afterwards and is alive today.
I know OF other situations where there were one shot stops with .25s and .22s. Your implication that the .25 WILL NOT stop someone is absurd. People who don't know any better might read your comments and become very careless with a small gun.
Be careful what you say on the Internet."

And your comment about someone surviving a 12 gauge chest wound isn't exactly what you're presumptuously lecturing me about?? Get off your soapbox, Billy, you're preaching to the choir here, and hypocritically at that.

Last edited:
I've always been partial to the saying "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight". However, a small bayonet mounted to a mousegun might just come in real handy ;)

If I had to shot somebody with my Beretta 21A 22lr, I'm not going to shoot once. It has 8 shot's, and I can unload that gun in around 2 seconds or less.

But I'll explain it anyway, because there might be a useful lesson here:
I know of a situation that happened years ago (1950's), wherein someone was shot at 5 times with a .25 at close range, 3 of the shots hit him but didn't succeed in stopping him from breaking the shooter's jaw with a softball bat.

I believe that, but that was in the 1950's. I'm sure the .25acp round has been improved sense then.

I have GDHP in this one, in fact I personally know of somebody killed with one shot using ball ammo to the head .25acp. Dropped like a rag doll.

TBS, I don't carry it. It's a last, last, last ditch gun just like my Beretta 22 next to it which I'd grab first.

I carry a .38spl. with exploding bullets. Not really, but they do make them. By the way they make them for 22lr, and .25acp's also, but I'm not sure how well they work.

Attachments

• Gun Browning 25acp 004.jpg
    Gun Browning 25acp 004.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 57
Beretta 21 A reliability

I purchased a 22 lr bobcat in the mid 80's. It certainly was a jam a matic. I heard how fussy it was and how people generally like to use more reliable CCI ammo especially the higher velocity stinger and velocitor. The extra punch was seen as a desirable feature for the blow back design of this pistol. I tried both and continued to have problems. Both the stinger and velocitor are copper plated hollow points. Just on a hunch I tried slightly less hot mini mags which are copper plated round nose and they functioned flawlessly. Someone else on the forum had good luck with CCI blazer which I think is about the same as the mini mag but with lead round nose. The round nose bullet appears to be at least one way of making these mouse guns more reliable.

I purchased a 22 lr bobcat in the mid 80's. It certainly was a jam a matic. I heard how fussy it was and how people generally like to use more reliable CCI ammo especially the higher velocity stinger and velocitor. The extra punch was seen as a desirable feature for the blow back design of this pistol. I tried both and continued to have problems. Both the stinger and velocitor are copper plated hollow points. Just on a hunch I tried slightly less hot mini mags which are copper plated round nose and they functioned flawlessly. Someone else on the forum had good luck with CCI blazer which I think is about the same as the mini mag but with lead round nose. The round nose bullet appears to be at least one way of making these mouse guns more reliable.
orig.gif

I also bought a Bobcat when they first came out. I tried different 22 LRs with it and found one that worked well and stuck with it. That's what you should do with any new self-defense firearm. Mine was used as a backup gun and I wore it on my vest beneath my uniform shirt. My shirt had the buttons sewn on and a hidden zipper which gave me quick access to it.

My 21 A bobcat is only 99 percent reliable when i load the magazine to 5 rounds. The magazine design is whats wrong with this gun. And the lack of a extractor makes it so sometimes the shell just doesn't get out of the way of the slide slamming back forward. My best results are with CCI mini mags.

I can't speak to the Bobcat, but I did consider it for a time, but ended up getting a Taurus PT-22 with metal frame instead. First time I shot it there were some issues, but since the first day I've not had any issues with it and used a variety of ammo.

One of the mags does seem weak, so that could have been the issue. I just get the feeling the feed ramp and angle (or lack there of as it's almost a straight torpedo into the chamber) in the Taurus is superior to the Beretta.

And in terms of reliability, based on others accounts, I get the feeling the older Taurus PT's are better and I would not hesitate carrying one for defense.

I wouldn't carry the Beretta.

The model 21 and 3032 push the limits of the 950 design.
950s in .25 and .22 short are some of the most reliable pocket pistols made.
Lengthening the frame for .22 Lr. and .32 acp just doesn't work well with this design.

The model 21 and 3032 push the limits of the 950 design.
950s in .25 and .22 short are some of the most reliable pocket pistols made.
Lengthening the frame for .22 Lr. and .32 acp just doesn't work well with this design.
I agree and in regards to the 3032, it makes the pistol far too thick for carry use. The .25 ACP 950 is the best .25 ever made IMO, better than any near 100 year old Colt or Browning.

Just a more modern design.

Back