Would this make your pistol an AOW?

Damn....Which to choose?

p192.jpg

OR
untitled-3.gif

Clearly, the pistol bayonet is far more practical and useful - it might even have one of those survival kits in so you can stitch yourself up in case you are wounded in a gunfight. I'm not too fond of the device that looks like it would spill ammo all over the place every time you fire a shot.

7th Fleet. The Question is....

How gullible are gun buyers?
or
After a 1/2 dozen beers and some pot.....OK, OK, here's an idea...lets hang a magazine on a handgun to screw up it's balance and concealment.

Attaching the device may not constitute manufacturing an AOW, but attaching a magazine to it certainly would.

I think it would be a loophole. An ugly silly not secure loophole.

Attaching the device may not constitute manufacturing an AOW, but attaching a magazine to it certainly would.

I tend to think that, if it is a loophole, it's not going to be one for very long, in which case, LukeA is going to be absolutely correct.

Regarding the "bayonet attachment". this is NOT a new idea. The Pritchard bayonet was designed to be used on a Webley & Scott revolver in WW I. H& R (and some others, I imagine) made a barrel/bayonet for their little top break revolvers. Some black powder pistols were also provided with spring loaded knives attached to them.

If you stop and think about it, it makes an excellent last ditch thrust weapon, considering that you have control over it by grasping the butt of your handgun at a much more favorable angle, and with the capability of a very solid "push." Using the handgun much like the handle of a saw gives you much more secure thrusting power than a normal knife hold.

It may look dumb, but consider the practical aspects of it in a last ditch situation.

the US Navy in the early days issued the Elgin cutlass pistol for use by boarding parties...a knife on a handgun isnt new at all, and seen a fair bit of use when everything fired a single shot and had a slow reload. The pritchard bayo was made for trench warfare, and the melees in close confines that ensued in raiding the hun trenches in the middle of the night. They were practical solutions at the time and gave the owner other options than using
the handgun as a blunt impact weapon...which can damage it.

No worse than what you see on some AR's that people have turned into a

(tactical)rifle.So many gewgaws hanging off of it that if you walk through a

forest,you come out the other side dragging what looks like a hay stack

behind you.

Although i still want the attachment that was around years ago

that allowed you to mount a Rem 870 under your AR,like Billy from Predator.

The bayonet's to prevent gun grabs?

I could see where a gang-banger would find the pistol bayonet useful during an ATM stick-up - or I guess anytime you find yourself in a situation where you need to hold a gun to someone's back. (Before one of the mods gets on me for saying that....it's just a joke.)

:eek:That is considered a fore grip when the magazine is placed in the rail device, so you would have to register the Glock as an SBR for it to be legal. Now all who say that there's a loophole can go right on ahead and try it to see what the BATFE thinks about it. BTW the Double Glock vid was very funny:D

Back