Worth €90/30% more?

I visited the shop that stocks all the CZs I have mentioned.

They don't have the 452s in stock, but had a 513 and 453 Lux and Super Match.

It took me less than a minute to reaslise that, as good as the price may be, any .22 rifle I buy wouldn't be the Farmer 513...

The details on the more expensive options were so much nicer. More precise in design and movement, crisp and deliberate.

The trigger on the 513 is to the 453 what my Glock 19 is to my Astra 680 in SA... No comparison. The 513 was not bad, but as soon as I release the pin on the 453, it was like an epiphany!!

Next week they get a new delivery with some bits they order, including 45 rifles. Hmmmmm... how could that possibly have anything to do with me!!!:D

Pond,

I just read the new issue of National Geographic. They have a very nice article about Ural owls and all the photographs were taken in Estonia.

I must say, if those photos are represenative, you have some very nice looking forests and game fields available! I would re-think the hunting idea!

Getting into hunting would be an excellent excuse to buy a riflr, now wouln't it?

Wyo.

Pond,

I just read the new issue of National Geographic. They have a very nice article about Ural owls and all the photographs were taken in Estonia.

I must say, if those photos are represenative, you have some very nice looking forests and game fields available! I would re-think the hunting idea!

Getting into hunting would be an excellent excuse to buy a riflr, now wouln't it?

Wyo.

I must confess, I'm not too drawn hunting game. When it comes to shooting wild animals, right now I prefer the camera to the firearm, but never say never, I suppose.

But you are right on the forest front. It is a small nation, but blessed with wonderful wilderness. The small population does mean higher prices for things like shooting equipment. The flip side is that there are big areas of untouched forest and shoreline.

One of the main reasons I am so happy to have moved here.
:D

Update!

For those of you who are not sick ot the back teeth of this story, here's an update!!

In about 1hr 15 mins from posting this, I should be sprinting to the local hunting store and putting my hard earned Euros down on a CZ 452 Standard, complete with UNF barrel threading for my silencer, which, in itself, saves me €60 of machining!!

All that for the princely sum of about €350

Now all I need is a scope and some therapy because I really must stop buying firearms!

Pond said:
As much as I like the rifle idea, perhaps I just should save a hunk of money and get a detachable shoulder stock made for my MkIII512, instead!!

From Crossman ($25USD)

M1399.jpg

From TAC ( the upright is held against the pistol's backstrap)

pistol%20foldable%20shoulder%20stock.jpg

Adapt a Stedi-Stock for pistol shooting ?

big.jpg

From Crossman ($25USD)

That Crossman looks COOOL! Somewhat neater than the one I made out of piece of pine joist and an old chopping board. No, seriously....

Estonia sounds like a wonderful place. I really should do some research.

It really is!! Lots of bits sometimes drive me nuts, but it really is.
Certainly beats the rat-race I was living back home!! :)

Back