Worlds coolest lever gun?

That's a pretty darned interesting link you just posted, Tom! If those drop tables can be trusted, they're putting out a .30-30 with just 12" of drop at 300 yards! :eek: Long live the lever gun. :)

H&H-
Sorry. But you've seen my David Clay breakdown 45-70. You loose.
Rich

Rich,

Not bad for a "pimp my ride" average run of the mill girly rifle.:D

Kind of like putting low pros and bling on your Buick Skylark.;)

Glenfield30GT.jpg

This older Glenfield 30-30 holds its zero year after year. It works just as well at minus 4 degrees below zero or 70 above. Plenty of big bodied mule deer have been toppled by this carbine we named Meat-Maker.
Jack

Jack O'Connor, your rifle are the kind that really trip my trigger. Working mans gun, made to shoot - pleasure to tote.

Yours reminds me of this one i bought awhile back. It ain't the best looking gun i ever bought but it a shooter!

12-34hom.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 75
I have a Marlin 1895CB in .45-70 that's been cut to 22" all the joints have been soldered the action smoothed and the trigger done up real nice and smooth.

That little turkey shoots an inch all day long at 100 yards with Ashley Ghost rings.

My other lever is a M-99 savage EG with the schnobled fore end. That rifle was built in the late 1950's and has that super cool brass rotary magazine.

It is also topped with AO Ghost Rings.

Also in the safe is a real nice older Marlin 336 in 30-30.
Shouldn't these statements have been accompanied by pics, H&H? We know well that you have a digicam. Git to it! Bring 'em hither. :D

Now this is a cool rifle too bad I don't have the money to buy this one it cost more than my house.

Attachments

• 324697_1000_01s.jpg
    324697_1000_01s.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 69
This is pretty tangential, but....

It occurred to me while hunting in the cold this weekend that a large loop lever (so-called 'winter loop') on a lever gun is going to be pretty worthless because the idea is you can chamber with a pair of mittens on, but if you have mittens on, then you're trigger finger is not gonna be exposed and thus not able to fire. And if you're wearing gloves, such that you can fire, all you need is an ordinary lever. The only imaginable way a large loop lever could be useful is if you're using a split-finger 2-part mitten that has an independent insert for your index/trigger finger, and the other 3 fingers in a mitten unto themselves, for lack of a better description.

Back