World record price for primers

That's nothing. During the Obama shortage, I replied to an ad in our club's newsletter. 200 primers for $12. When I met the guy, he wanted $120. I showed him the ad. Apparently the price was so silly that the editor thought it was a typo and changed it to $12. Perhaps someone had paid him that price.

I apologized and left.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

World record price for primers

The title of the post was so amusing I had to have a look. :p

I know, it's not really funny.

After the Obama shortage, I stocked up. Right now, I can load and shoot as I please. But even at that, I'm low enough where I've got one eye on the market right now.

Yeah, what's going on right now isn't really funny.

The title of the post was so amusing I had to have a look. [emoji14]

I know, it's not really funny.

After the Obama shortage, I stocked up. Right now, I can load and shoot as I please. But even at that, I'm low enough where I've got one eye on the market right now.

Yeah, what's going on right now isn't really funny.
I did too. But I start to accept that 7 cents a primer will be the future. I bought some more around the price recently to replenish my stock. They exist if you don't insist on brand name products.

Shortage is not funny. But in a strange way I am thankful to have shortages. I learned to improvise and to explore outside my own comfort zone. If not for the shortages, I am still loading with varget, HS6 and nothing else.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ve come full circle on powder stock. During Obama’s first reign I bought any powder that might work in the calibers I load and any amount I could get my hands on. Over the years I managed to trade away or sell all the powders that turned out to be less than optimal, and stock up big on all the optimal ones. So now I only have about a dozen or so in stock, but in larger quantities.

ciwsguy said:
A case is usually 5 bricks, sometimes 10 depending on the mfr packaging.

A case is also called a "slip" by a lot of folks, but I have no idea why. The dictionary says a slip can be a long pew that you slip into or a case that slips over something, like a pillowcase. The reasoning may lie somewhere in that mix, it being a box that you can slip five (or ten) bricks into, but I don't know the actual origin of it. You certainly slip a sleeve over a primer tray, but that's way at the other end of the quantity spectrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Boscoe View Post
My local range/shop has Match LPP for sale @ $159/1000.
Be sure to remember to not give that gouger any future business.

What gouging? Did you or the OP buy at that price? If not, how did you get gouged? If anyone WILLINGLY paid their ASKING price, then they determined the price asked was acceptable, so AGAIN, no gouging. Just because someone is charging more than YOU want to pay, doesn't mean anyone is gouging or being gouged.

Back