Workplace Disturbance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outcast--Well, that is how most of us looked at it. But, and this is the interesting part of this--IF they didn't have a "no guns policy" and some disgruntled employee came in and shot up the place at 10:00 am on Monday, the employer would more than likely be held liable for negligence, because they allowed firearms on the property.

One of the things that was commonly opined by employees --"If somebody goes wacko and wants to kill someone, they can always go home, get a gun, and come back." Another statement was --"Unless they conduct searches of vehicles, how do they know the whack job doesn't have a gun at work anyway?" And those are intuitive to you and me, but the lawyers run the show, so each day we decide, do we work for that employer or do we not?

I guess the only thing to say about that is, our employers make decisions every day that impact the people that work for them. Lawyers run the show since other lawyers are looking for billable hours if they can find some screw up by an employer, be it valid or imaginary.

Some people call it being paranoid or gun ho but you always need to do "WHAT IF" drills in your head!
Life is to short to think what if for every scenario.

Some people go through life without this skill, they are often referred to as the "Victim".
Yes and most live perfectly happy, without being victims of crime or thinking what if.

Colorado Redneck wrote;
IF they didn't have a "no guns policy" and some disgruntled employee came in and shot up the place at 10:00 am on Monday, the employer would more than likely be held liable for negligence, because they allowed firearms on the property.

While i'm sure that, in this litigious society we live in, that lawsuit is very likely, it is also the reason that employers must carry general liability insurance.

manta49 wrote;
Life is to short to think what if for every scenario.

Ignorance is bliss but, life can be much shorter if you continue in ignorance.

Ignorance is bliss but, life can be much shorter if you continue in ignorance.
Life can be short for all sorts of reasons. But I have managed so far without looking over my shoulder every time I leave the house. If I lived somewhere I felt that I needed to do that I would move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back