Wonder why no Lee Load All in .410

jimwill48

Inactive
I wonder why Lee has never made their Lee Load All in .410. I would think it would be a huge seller. Mec's in .410 are the most costly of the gauges new or used. I have both a Load All in 12ga and 20ga and love them, inexpensive and nothing fancy,they just plain work. Course I weigh my powder charges and use a hand dipper for shot, so I don't use the powder or bushings. I put an email in to Lee and never received a reply, has anyone else?

I have both a Load All in 12ga and 20ga and love them, inexpensive and nothing fancy,they just plain work. Course I weigh my powder charges and use a hand dipper for shot, so I don't use the powder or bushings.

Then, what's the point? Might as well get the MEC with a primer feeder and load some ammo

.410 is too small.

Bushings would have to be made just for the .410 version.

My guess is to expensive to make -vs- sales of the loader.

I'm actually surprised nobody has ever tried to make a set of reloading dies for it that would fit standard threads for the average metallic cartridge press. It's certainly small diameter enough. I know RCBS had a 12 gauge die set for one of their metallic cartridge presses a very long time ago, so it's not like it isn't possible.

Too slow and laborious a process. A MEC Jr is cheap enough and will load faster than any metallic press could

"For THAT price, you can buy an actual shotgun reloader, and have money left over for components"

That wasn't the question I was answering.

One could also buy a real shotgun, not a pop gun, and buy a LoadAll for it.

"That "pop" gun is more of an expert's gun than most here seem to realize....."

And that has what to do with the coming price of bananas in Russia?

I've always had to chuckle at the .410's categorization as an "expert's gun."

All that really translates to is "tenuously holding on to life becuase in reality it's about as popular as Maypo and Brylcream. And about as useful."

That makes me wonder, though... If the .410 is the "expert's gun," what then are the little .22 LR/Magnum shotshells?

The chosen equipment of the one true shotgun god and used only on the skeet range on Mt. Olympus?

Little 22 shotshells are jokes for snake killers. Run 100 straight on a skeet field with a 410 and you'll see what I mean

I have a load-all for my 12 gauge and I would buy it in .410 if only such a thing existed. Since it doesn't, it's MEC time soon.

Did some research and it appears the die set described above is for brass shotshells primarily. Or only.

Mike Irwin wrote: All that really translates to is "tenuously holding on to life becuase in reality it's about as popular as Maypo and Brylcream. And about as useful."

Quite a few mountain quail, band tailed pigeons, and doves that became my (and friends)supper may disagree. 410's are useful IF you understand and live within their limitations. My opinion...yours obviously differs.

And I'm NOT using a tubed 12 gauge; rather a real 410 U/O on a real 410 frame.

Back