Woman's defense rifle

Hi AZ Morgan,

Somebody in the marketplace (see other forum here at TFL) is selling HK 93/43 mags. Dunno whether it's a good price.

Gary

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Hey AZ Morgan,
Sounds to me that you are talking about an AR right now. Just some info to make you a more aware buyer:
1) ARs are going up in price each week. Don't hesitate too long, this Y2K scare is really not a gun buyer's friend.
2) The best mags for an AR are the military GI mags. These are also getting scarce and expensive. If you're going to go AR, start buying mags now. The 20 round mags are the best for defensive situations, the 30s are just too long.
3) Definately go with the 16" barrel. The 20" just doesn't give you much advantage, and the 16" is much more handy.
4) Spend some hours at www.AR15.com and do research before buying. Lots of good info.

HTH!

I know you said semi-auto, so on that front I would say the Ruger Mini-14. Consider though the Remington Model 7 bolt-action rifle in .223. With a compact scope attached, it would be more accurate than the Mini-14 and easier to maintain and pack.

------------------
Dubitando ad veritatem venimus.

Back