Wisconsin Passes Concealed Carry-Awaiting Gov. Signature

Kewl. If it passes I hope they recognize ND or UT. Boss and I don't like having to unload and secure our stuff before we hit the state line.

As long as you have "training", a concealed carry permit from another state will be valid. Hunter's safety is considered adequate training.

I'm excited for this to happen. It is expected to pass around here, and it's about damn time!

JGON

Assuming this gets passed by the Wisconsin House, my home state of Illinois will have the distinction as the only state that continues to deny it's citizens of the right to defend themselves.

Assuming this gets passed by the Wisconsin House, my home state of Illinois will have the distinction as the only state that continues to deny it's citizens of the right to defend themselves.
As my friend from Illinois is fond of saying; *sarcastic voice* Don't you blame me for the idiots in cook county." */sarcastic voice*

If Wisconsin passes CC, that brings Illinois one step closer to having more ammo in the various lawsuits working their way through the courts. By god, I might just see CC in all 50 states in my lifetime.

bitttorrrent said:
Can't possibly resist as the only state in the union that is not on board.

That seems to be an overly optimistic view of Chicago politics. And you must realize that if it wasn't for Chicago / Cook County, CCW would probably already exist in Illinois.

I don't know enough about Rahm Emmanuel's current gun policy, but I do know he isn't exactly on our side of the issue. I wouldn't go counting your chickens just yet.

That said, hooray for Wisconsin!:)

Great news for Wisconsin, and for all of us. If all 50 states allow CC it will be much easier to get national reciprocity passed.

I don't know enough about Rahm Emmanuel's current gun policy, but I do know he isn't exactly on our side of the issue. I wouldn't go counting your chickens just yet.

He hasn't come out hard against us...yet. The fact that the new Chicago PD superintendent is from New Jersey is rather ominous.

Last edited by a moderator:
It goes to the House on Tuesday..

Eagerly anticipating the completion and then my application being sent.

Yesterday I stopped at a local gun store to browse for a proper .22 pistol to save a little money on just afternoon shooting we do often.....The business was packed full of guys looking at handguns. Most mumbling "about damn time" and many just pleased with things going the way they want them too.

I think the silent majority in Wisconsin are very pleased right now.

Outstanding news. Unlike his predecessor, Gov. Walker will actually sign such a measure.

Congratulations, Wisconsin. It's been a long hard slog!

Congratulations! Almost there.

Good news for Wisconsin residents and the rest of us who travel through that state.

As long as you have "training", a concealed carry permit from another state will be valid. Hunter's safety is considered adequate training.

So if I take my Washington CCW and my Iowa Hunters Ed card I can carry in Wisconsin if this is signed into law? :confused: Would Appleseed also count then?

I suppose a direct link to the writing would be helpful, I can't seem to find it on Google.:o

The gun store clerk told me today, after the assembly passes it (with possible changes) then the Governer would/could change it and once it gets passed back and forth with what the final say is on how it will be able to be gotten (ie, with just a hunters safety card, with a class certificate, etc.) then it will get signed. Could be a year before the first guy walks out with the CCW after it all FINALLY goes through. We'll see.

I don't see it having an effect on Illinois per se, but it may be used by ISRA and other Second Amendment rights groups to pressure the few remaining recalcitrant lawmakers.

I think it depends how it is spun.

Back