Winter time CCW

though my clothing may bulk up a little during cold weather, my CCW's do not change. It just makes it easier to hide my shoulder holstered S&W 686plus (back up CCW) for some time now my 2 go everywhere knives are a Benchmade folder in my strong side front pocket and a Cold Steel Double Agent neck knife fixed around my neck w/ gutted 550 cord. You can't go wrong with 2 firearms and 2 knives. A nice heavy leather jacket (strechy waist especially) really makes my back up 357 dissappear by the way.

This is my first year carrying, I've got an XDM9C. I carried it in the NC summer w/ a polo style shirt in my Crossbreed Supertuck IWB (I never wear just a T-Shirt), ironically I found that most of my winter sweaters fit a bit more fitted than my polo's and buttondowns that I wore in the spring/summer/fall and are posing a problem with carrying concealed, so I've resorted to wearing the same shirts in the winter plus a Jacket/Coat (we've had a pretty mild start to winter so far) or hooded sweatshirt. I plan on purchasing some new "winter" clothing this year to dress around my Carry weapon, just like I had to do with my pants when I first started carrying, however I'm looking to expand my gun "collection" and get something a bit thinner and smaller (Kahr CM9, Beretta Nano are the top of the list) in 2012 just to have options.

Phillip

Just started carrying concealed so all of it has been in cool weather. Full sized 1911 in a Galco FLETCH High Ride completely disappears under even a light lined shirt, as well as my new presentation jacket and my heavy winter coat. I am contemplating purchasing a Crossbreed IWB setup as well.

Back