Winston Churchill's C96 Mauser

Check out C-96s carefully

I belatedly learned that there are a number of parts assembled C96s in the U.S. I bought one via Gunbroker. I can't say the vendor was dishonest, as all his claims and photos were accurate. What was not said was the serial number indicated 1916 manufacturing, yet the barrel extension was a 1930 version. Has I been more discerning, I would have noticed the barrel extension was not 1916. This was not a Chinese copy, but Mauser parts. And it does turn heads at the range.

Any excuse to show my pride 'n joy!

BH7.jpg

Does your holster/stock wiggle on the gun?

I bought an aftermarket stock for my broomhandle. When I latch it on the gun, there is a lot of lateral movement. I was expecting a tighter fit. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Quote:
I've heard one to many stories about cracked bolts to feel comfortable shooting one.
WTF??? Wakeman have a new campaign? I've never heard anything about a Mauser bolt shearing. Nothing, Nada, Zip, Nil, Nyet, Nichts, Zero, zilch, and of course, etc... They are one of the strongest pistols out there!

The Doc is out now.

All I have heard about is the bolt stop cracking. Normally it cracks because some fool used de-linked machine gun ammo in it. Privi Partizan makes suitable ammo for the C96.

"Normally it cracks because some fool used de-linked machine gun ammo in it."

I don't know of a single machine gun that has ever used linked 7.63x25mm.

All of the submachine guns that I know of that use this, or 7.62x25mm Tokarev ammo, are magazine fed.

saw a red 9 the other day
its price was @$3K

Nice example; however about double what I could afford.

Last edited:
Winston lost his C96 when captured during the Boer war; he tried to convince his captors he was a war correspondent and they detained him while considering his claims. He escaped during the night, but left the C96 behind. Information is from the book "The Trilogy of Deneys Reitz", which is a great read.

This thread is over 3 years old.

Some of the participants are no longer even posting at TFL.

There's no need to bring up an old thread to respond to a post made years ago.

Closed.

Back