Winchester Traacker Shells

I just got 2 boxs from Gander Mountain and I will try thrm tomorrow. They had NO 20 ga though and that is the gun I am having trouble hitting with. Anyway, I figure it is one more tool in my toolbox.

CoolJay24, I hope to get some next week but everything I have heard about them from people who have never tried them is they have to be a gimmick but people who have tried them think they are the cat's meow.

Dead on

Dreaming - You are 100% correct in my experience, as it is tough to have a correct follow through if your eyes are trying to track the wad. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending how you look at it) for me, I was off so much, I could tell in my peripheral vision how badly and where my main miss was. It will definitely be easier to have someone else track the wad.

Traacker shells do NOT work. I did the 50 rnd dove course at the range today. I kept missing one shot so I used a Traacker. The clay was powdered and the wad went through the flying debris. At station #5 I had the same results! i missed the crossing shot twice so I used a Traacker and the clay was hit and the wad went through the debris.

So, I did not learn why I missed the first two times! I even tried a third Traacker and hit the clay wad and all again. So, There you go.

Anyway, the wads do seem to stick with the shot string and do hit to point of aim. Why I hit well with them is simple really. I was so busy focusing on watching the wad I mounted better and swung without over thinking the shot.

I still need a coupla boxes of 20s though. My O/U 20 is the gun I am having inconsistancies with.

Good Problem to Have

So, I did not learn why I missed the first two times! I even tried a third Traacker and hit the clay wad and all again. So, There you go.

That is a good problem to have!

Traacker's work

I got hold of some AA Traackers and finally had a chance to try some today. They worked just as advertised. A couple of shots with them from post 5 and I realized that I was shooting behind the target on hard rights - even with kills.

A problem is supposed to be that you may take your eye off the bird to watch the wad. It was just the opposite for me. After a few shots, I didn't even see the wad as I concentrated on the bird.

I wouldn't recommend using these all the time, but think anyone can benefit from them if they fall in a slump and cannot figure out where the misses are going.

i picked up 50 empty hulls at the local range and ran a few thru my mec 9000g without any trouble,they shot just fine. eastbank.

My post dove season update... Sadly I did not get a shot at a dove with a Traacker. My season goal was to whamp a dove with that wad but it was not to be.

I took my guys out on Saturday with the Traacker shells. All I can say is, WOW. They show right where you just shot - high, low or behind. Not a cure-all, but they give you a good baseline to build on. The AA hulls are great for reloading as well so you get more for your extra bucks spent

Yes, pattern your gun first and you'll be miles ahead!

And I call BS on those that say they can see the shot in the air. :rolleyes:

Hey, Creek. Did you stop to think that maybe the Traacker shell just patterns better in your gun? It happens.

Possibly but since I realized it was my mount that was off I have been shooting much better. I will have to pattern traackers though.

I have been shooting decently lately. N\ot great but decently and after shooting a 23 I tried a tracker. It confirmed what I thought, which was that while breaking the birds I was hitting low. I could see the wad as it passed through either just below or at the very bottom of where the bird had been.

And there were a guy and his wife sitting with me that said they could see the shot clouds from the shooters on the 24 yard HC. I could not.

Back