winchester super x1 info

When I shot competition trap, my over and under was full in the bottom barrel, and extra full in the top barrel. My handicap barrel was xfull in the bottom barrel and xxfull in the top barrel.

Before you go butchering up what many consider THE best semi ever made, take a deep breath. I might be interested in it if it just isn't going to work out for you. Once you start messing with the barrel, etc., values tend to tank quickly - ESPECIALLY if done by a shade tree gunsmith.

it may be a graco hydacoil system. it like some other names like soft touch, compress when fired.
coupled with that adjustable comb, it may be as much as the cost of the gun.

Gracoil, Counter Coil, Bump Buster, Soft Touch are all names of units like that and typically run about $800+ to buy and have installed. Even a simple ISIS system is $750

Numrich has a replacement stock for about $80 if you're interested. Should be able to see the one that's on it for quite a bit more than that.

Super x

Update.

Well the stock for a giant is gone. I bought a "new old stock" Winchester stock. It's a much nicer wood 3x fancy grade I believe. The new stock fits me perfect. I shoulder it and my sight line is straight and lever down the rail. I'm leaving the rest of the gun alone. I thought about a recoil reducer but I've shot seven rounds back to back and it hasn't bothered me yet.

Side note. I found a vintage superposed in a LGS and really wanted it but it in the worst way. I could not make it fit the rail is so low. I tried several newer Chinese made Citori and they fit fine. I'm pretty disappointed, it was a beautiful gun.

Last edited:
It's not a "rail", it is a rib. Citoris are made in Japan, not China.
The stock dimensions for Citoris and Superposeds should be the same.

Back