Winchester 9mm - opinions please

What are the requirements for you to own machine guns and machine pistols......(Nice Beretta!)

You need to apply for an exceptional permit, which, in addition to a clean criminal record, has a few more conditions required, such as already having a small collection, a bolted safe, bolts have to be stored separately and another permit is required to shoot them.

This limits interest in them and they are therefore fairly cheap here, say $ 2-2500 for an M16, $ 1500 for a Glock 18, HK MP5 start at $ 2000, a Thompson starts at $ 1800 etc..

You need to apply for an exceptional permit, which, in addition to a clean criminal record, has a few more conditions required, such as already having a small collection, a bolted safe, bolts have to be stored separately and another permit is required to shoot them.

This limits interest in them and they are therefore fairly cheap here, say $ 2-2500 for an M16, $ 1500 for a Glock 18, HK MP5 start at $ 2000, a Thompson starts at $ 1800 etc..

Drool...

With the craziness going on now, even Sig MPX is going for over $3,000. 9mm is between $.60 - $1.00 per round.

I was at the LGR today and I wanted to buy an extra 100 rd. box of Winchester White Box 9mm FMJ ammo and the price was....get ready....$51.99!! Of course I didn’t buy it, but some folks were buying it. I never thought I’d see 9mm FMJ at $.52 a round! Never say never.

I shot the 100 rounds of WWB I brought with me and I think I paid around $28 bucks for a 200 rd. box back before the ammo shortage started. I still have ammo squirreled away so I can shoot for a few more months, but this ammo situation is just bat$#!+ crazy!

Last edited:
Switzerland decreased gun ownership of its veterans and saw an immediate decrease in their suicide. Happened in 2000. You're not getting the full story of gun ownership in Switzerland by that post on its own.

Also, S&B and Magtech are owned by the same company CBC.

Winchester ammo is good stuff! Buy it! Hmmm....I wonder what would happen if I paid you all expenses and you ship me some ammo? Would it pass customs I think would be would ship would biggest hurdle on this end but I'm not sure about your end.

I was in Purchasing for manufacturing all of my life. I would buy from a company from Giroflex in Switzerland. The freight wasn't that bad.

Switzerland decreased gun ownership of its veterans and saw an immediate decrease in their suicide. Happened in 2000. You're not getting the full story of gun ownership in Switzerland by that post on its own.

Also, S&B and Magtech are owned by the same company CBC.

I am not sure what you are referring to. The only recent (2010) change in order for a retiring soldier to keep his weapon (whether rifle or pistol) is the obligation to partake in three military shootings in the last three years of service. Previously it was not a requirement and anyone could keep the weapon at the end of the service.

A colleague slacked and missed this opportunity to keep his Sig 550-1 or Stgw 90 for cheap ($ 110.- fee to the army).

effd38b4b6bab7690da70db824437c18.jpg

So he went and bought a new civilian one instead ($ 2800).

I have not seen a study or article that this minor change had any effect on the suicide rate.

Back