Winchester 9mm - opinions please

Classic12

LGS (in Switzerland) has a sale on this ammo, just over $ 200 per 1000

23a4abd91bdfa3b2807b1e1df676eefc.jpg

I believe the 50 rds boxes inside should look like this

0ddeafa4a60d012c3cb221840dd5c033.jpg

ad4fe0b8e755805eb6acce968e4eae91.jpg

ae35069c94f2ec69e0aa94c0f9d296e3.jpg

I am not familiar with it since we get mostly get European 9 mm (Geco, S&B, Fiocchi) and Brazilian Magtech

I’ve shot Winchester ammo in other calibers (30-30, .45 WM) and it was quality ammo but I’ve read some negative comments about their 9 mm white box

Is this good stuff ? Price is the lowest I can find for any 9 mm

Thanks in advance

I have shot a lot of the 115-grain variety. Until I started reloading for 9mm Winchester was my preferred brand, and I still prefer to use Winchester brass when I can find it.

Does Winchester have a manufacturing faciliy in Switzerland/Europe? How can they sell it for $.20/round AND ship to Europe? At those prices, buy it there, ship it here!

I have had excellent results with the Winchester 9mm NATO 124-grain rounds.
To put my cards on the table, I saw the pricing and I wondered how hard would it be to emigrate to Switzerland. :D:D:D

I'll chime in too. Good stuff. I've used it and found it reliable and certainly no dirtier than any other 9mm so it passes all my tests. I and a lot of my friends use it in a variety of guns and it seems to cycle them all fine.

If your looking for self-defense information about the rounds I'll bow out of that discussion and leave it to folk that know a lot more about self-defense applications than I do.

And yeah, right this minute (October 2020) that stack of 9mm at $10 a box of 50 rounds would make most Americans drool. We are in another horders/panicers ammo shortage here. :mad: (If you've a mind to you can go to some of my previous posts and check out a picture of the empty handgun ammo shelves at one of my favorite gun places---Fleet Farm)

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608794&highlight=labor

Last edited:
Winchester ammo varies a bit by lot. Some has crimped military primers and some has commercial primers and both can be marked USA ammo. Military over runs can sometimes end up on the commercial market. Some Winchester USA ammo is made in Israel and I'm going to guess your ammo may be made there for Winchester due to logistics. Winchester brass is good for reloading. WIN brass is myu favorite actually. But some lots of white box are a bit soft shooting and that causes some guns to have an occasional malfunction. Crimped primer military stuff is usually hotter than non crimp commercial primed Winchester but a pain to reload. That ammo should be as good as magtech. For $200 you should try a case and if you like the ammo buy a couple more cases!

Thanks everyone for the feedback

I asked if there is a further rebate for 5000 rounds but answer was no, price is rock bottom, so I decided to pick up 2000 rounds for starters and get some more later if the guns and I like it

Then went to try them at the range, usual 25 meters offhand

3a27c1bcc3bc1089bb82d9fee0b75252.jpg

GTG, the Sig P210-6 shoots just fine with that, so I’ll get some more soon.

In Finland, the same Winchester 9mm costs 99€ ($117) per 500, VAT included. Geco is still a tad cheaper, 195€ ($230) per 1000.

You really shouldn't buy in bulk until you have tried a box out of your pistol. Cycling won't be an issue but your pistol may not shoot it well. Even though a 124 grain bullet is standard NATO ammo.
$200 per 1,000 is decidedly cheap compared to U.S. on-line retail. Midway wants $279.99USD per 500 for that ammo. Said ammo being "temporarily" unavailable Stateside. Both Midway and Graf's, on-line retailers, show all 9mm ammo as out of stock or not available.

You really shouldn't buy in bulk until you have tried a box out of your pistol. Cycling won't be an issue but your pistol may not shoot it well. Even though a 124 grain bullet is standard NATO ammo.
$200 per 1,000 is decidedly cheap compared to U.S. on-line retail. Midway wants $279.99USD per 500 for that ammo. Said ammo being "temporarily" unavailable Stateside. Both Midway and Graf's, on-line retailers, show all 9mm ammo as out of stock or not available.

I also have several machine guns and machines pistols I can feed if it’s not accurate enough at the range so not an issue

05bb386dadc078bae961671c948aca5b.jpg

Back