Winchester 70 super grade

The only time I experienced what you may call "rifle fatigue" was shooting hogs in texas with my .338 Lapua Magnum (22lbs) and having to drag a couple hogs with that beast slung over my shoulder through the cactus and Mesquite.

After reading this I can't get rid of the image of a sweating, giant of a man; emerging from a thick tangle of brush and cacti after having hiked two miles with a hog under each arm and a 22 pound rifle hanging from his neck. A super rifle for Superman! :)

Honest to goodness I walk the woods and ridges elk hunting with an eberlystock bag that has cold weather gear, field dressing kit, first aid, water, magnesium fire-starting kit, bino's, and chord as well as trash bags, and snacks...plus my rifle and ammo. Altogether that probably weighs 35lbs. If I take it off,, I will notice no less fatigue than with it on. And quite often I am miles from any vehicle.

Maybe that's my problem. When I deer and turkey hunt I carry a bag with a lot of those things and a rifle or shotgun slung over my shoulder. Never quite understood why 3 pounds made all the difference to people. Slings and sling swivels are cheap.

image of a sweating, giant of a man; emerging from a thick tangle of brush and cacti after having hiked two miles with a hog under each arm and a 22 pound rifle hanging from his neck. A super rifle for Superman!

Yea wasn't quite like that. I drug a hog with each arm and had my rifle on my back with a backpack type sling. But I was sweating my butt off, and I did decide that that gun was not comfortable to pack.

For a hunter, I wouldn't spend the extra on the Super grade but that's just me. I'd be too afraid of damaging it. I'd buy Model 70 featherweight if I could find it or a Tikka T3 Lite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back