Will Panic Buying Revive 40 S&W?

No I didn't know it fell out of "fashion. And I would bet there are more who don't know or care.Therefore, stop assuming YOU KNOW what other people know or care about. :rolleyes:

I don't pay attention to sales figures, I don't pay attention to posts on this site from so-called experts, only in their minds. I only pay attention to what I have found works and what I prefer and I base that on actually usage over my many years of carrying a weapon.

Basically, I come to forums such as this to read, and get a good laugh most of the time. I only have 400+ posts in 11 years; I don't post often.:D Only when something is posted that I feel is ludicrous or in error and at that moment in time; I care!

I just bought a new .40 S&W, bought a used one in January no panic here.

Just following the principle about not keeping all my eggs in one basket.

The .40 can become a 9mm but not vise versa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which do you guys think is more likely: (1) all of the new gun owners who bought a 40 S&W breathe new life into the cartridge and it picks back up in popularity; or (2) the new owners never actually put more than a few boxes of ammo through their guns and the 40 continues to fade?

That would be #2, without a doubt.

Popularity, based on sales volume is something for the manufacturers, distributers, and retailers to worry about. How much of what is made and put out for sale affects their profits. For the consumer, its a much different matter.

Look at what, and who, is creating the "panic"... tis not the people who like guns and buy them because they want them, its primarily people who don't know guns, often don't like then, but today feel a need to have one, just in case.

Need..to have ONE....perhaps a few of them will turn into shooters, but I think most won't. Most will fire just enough ammo to see that it works (if that!) and then stash it away for emergency use, only...

I think they're buying .40s not for a want or for their effectiveness, but simply because its all there is left for them to buy, at the time they go to buy.

.40 has too much history performing on the street to be the next .25 or .32 and what I think is going to revive it is going to be the increasing popularity of 10mm as it seems most 10mm's can shoot .40 without issue or modifications. This allows people to shoot cheap .40 for fun or practice and use the full power 10mm for defense.

Although the .40 will always hold a special place in my heart...no, I don't think it's going to be revived to its former glory

Back