Will amount of bump effect charge/pressure

watch out for the cheap ones.

Not to put you on the spot but which are more likely better ? I use Forster gauges mostly but do have a Lyman 308 case gauge and one PTG 308 headspace NO-GO gauge . The only reason I bought the PTG was the manufacture that sold me the "out of spec" AR upper said that the gauges they use , so I wanted to have a apples to apples argument .

The armorers set I got was made by Forster. However, they did tell me to send it back to them to correct the problem, so kudos for their willingness to stand behind the product. I should also point out I got the gauge set sometime in the early 1990s, and I expect things have changed since then. The Forster gauges may be fine, now. Most everybody seems to have CNC machining centers these days, and they would be likely to solve such problems. I'd have to measure some newer ones myself to tell. The industry's habit of leaving a couple of thousandths to spare may, therefore, be obsolete, but it is still what they do.

Dave Manson, Pacific, Clymer, and PTG should all be good brands, though I admit I haven't had occasion to buy any Clymer products since Dave Manson left the company to open his own shop. He cares about precision and I've got in the habit of going to him first.

Back