Wild POI shifts between different ammo?

rms65,
Don't get upset with this answer, my intentions are good. Get rid of the gun you have and get yourself a CZ 455 in 17hmr. You can even get an extra barrel if you buy it as a combo. I wasn't a CZ fan until two years ago when I finally bought one in .22lr, and eventually got an extra .22mag barrel and a 17hmr barrel. I owned a LOT of Savages over the years and most of them shot well enough, but...they simply weren't in the quality league that CZ is in. Night and day difference in the guns and the CZ's are actually pretty inexpensive considering what you get for your money. My CZ 455 will shoot .22lr rimfire groups well under a half inch at fifty yards with good ammo and it will shoot half inch groups (five shot, not three) at 75 yards with my 17hrm barrel. Either that or get a different stock for your gun and have someone cut the bbl and recrown it for you. It probably will do better than it is now. Good luck.
Never would I be upset with your response.
Get rid of the gun you have and get yourself a CZ 455 in 17hmr.
I believe it's an accurate account of a personal experience that I would certainly consider as a solution to my dilemma. I have posted threads earlier on this forum about reasonable expectations of accuracy from this caliber because I've certainly considered buying a higher quality rifle. I might pick an argument had you told me my Tikkas or Howas were garbage because of my experience with them but as far as Savage goes there's no love. Thanks for the candor.

Last edited:
Back