wife accidentally dropped gun..... off of small hill

Firearms have been left inoperable after being dropped a lot less than 20'. And revolvers are more prone to issues than other types of firearms. But a lot has to do with bad luck in how it landed. I'd say that inside a padded case the odds are very good that it is just fine. I'd look it over carefully, but wouldn't think it would need professional servicing unless something seems wrong.

Landing on the cylinder opposite the crane could be damaging. Maybe not to an X frame but that would be a lot of force on the cylinder locking components.

it was still in the case. I also shot it yesterday afternoon at about 7:00 pm and everything checked out good. I also threw a 700 grainer down range and it did well also. I don't feel a difference in the gun, but my wallet on the other hand isn't feeling so good. I went through 61 rounds yesterday! my wrists are feeling it too. ( I only fired 1 700 grain bullet. that is where the odd number came from) and my wife fired some 325 grainers at the range and she is tiny. but everything seems good and functional. pinged on steel every time :)

she insisted that she carried it because it was her first time shooting it that day and she claimed it as her own.
In that case it's not really your worry. It's her's now..so go buy yourself a 460 X-frame.
Great strategy for a new gun Isn't it?:D

Back