Why - WHY did I buy a Henry Mare's Leg in .22 mag?

Have you SteveMcQueened some cans with it? Shooting from the hip (or is it thigh)?

Other than that maybe do a redneck driveby on a rabbit.

I think a laser sight would be quite useful on one and certainly add to the fun plinking. The problem with them in general is holding them for careful shots. In 357 mag, a person is not likely to tuck one up against their cheek to shoot it.

You know, I'm generally not a fan of laser sights, and don't have or use them any more, but I've got admit tht aa laser wouldn't be a half bad little plan for this one. Hmmm.

No, haven't shot it yet - trying to decide whether to sell or keep. If I keep then oh yeah; I'll Steve McQueening (verb) some cans.

I probably didn't "need" any firearms after I bought my 22lr rifle for target practice and varmints, 9mm pistol for home defense, shotgun for whatever, and 38spl snub nosed revolver for concealed carry. That didn't stop me from buying a baker's dozen of firearm in numerous configurations.
Insofar as the mare's leg is concerned, I would love to have one (or two) once I buy a several more firearms that I desire more.

I think you just have to practice with it a bit and certainly more than any 22 rifle to become half way proficient at soda can sized targets. I think the 22 mag is nearly the perfect survival gun in a rifle. That assumes you are willing to carry it and a couple boxes of ammo.

A Mare's Leg "rifle" for use in almost any scenario is about as impractical as a Corvette on a camping trip-but there's no denying the "cool" factor...:)

i have the Rossi 92, the weight alone makes it one of my favorite, and i have the 2' barrel. It feels balanced and natural to carry around. i don't know how much it actually weighs, could be the same as a mosin, but it carries like a 1 pound stick. Then the accuracy, even for brand-new shooters, is exceptional. So when i saw the 92 "ranch hand" sitting behind the glass, i have always assumed that it must be THE MOST PRACTICAL GUN EVER CREATED!!!! i can't tell you how much it saddens me to see a thread on here every week about someone's new mare's leg and the subsequent disappointment in it's practicality. but in my head, i still think everyone else in the u.s.a must be wrong.....therefore i will gladly lay down my cash for it someday soon.

and i have no nostalgia, i thought Stevie McQueen was that weirdly "probably would after a sixer" attractive lady from Fleetwood Mac.

oh....and a laser??? every problem concerning it's shootability instantly solved, back on track for the BEST GUN EVER title

Ha ha. Well maybe it is as useless as teats on a boar hog (unless getting crimson trace treatment). I dunno. I'm still keeping it. I may have to shell out the $200 for an SBR stamp and put a regular stock on it.

Back