Why the Lack of Lever Action Shotguns?

That ain't no Chiappa.

Oh I know, I knew the wording might have confused someone. What I meant was is I want to pick up the Chiappa replica of the actual 1887 that you posted.

Last edited:
"But, back in the day ....I think it was Winchester ....made some lever action shotguns in 10ga as well."

The Model 1901. It was, unlike the 12-gague Model 1887, suitable for use with smokless powder.

Supposedly Winchester never offered the 1901 in 12 gauge because they didn't want it competing with the Model 1897 pump.

Post #12, T2 inside deets....

I don't know what post #12 means.
:rolleyes:

I also read in the T2 behind the scenes, dir James Cameron says Arnold S almost broke his fingers when he picked up the wrong 12ga prop gun & tried to cock it.
The "trick" 12ga Winchester was custom fit with a large lever.
Imfdb.org has all the deets.
I saw a few pistol grip type 12ga shotguns & lever type "ranch guns".

I wasn't impressed.
I would say the
Mares Leg rifle from Wanted Dead or Alive with actor Steve McQueen was cool.

sorry, in post #12....I was trying to say comparing real life guns I want to own ....( to fake stuff done in movies - with fake guns...makes no sense to me)....

I think most of us realize that movies are full of "modified" firearms...that bear little resemblance to reality except in appearance often.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be Bat Man or Spider Man too....:D

i see your point...

I see your point now.
It's true that there s a major difference between a real working firearm & a Hollywood prop but like or not, films & tv shows do influence many gun buyers.

I'll admit I got a extended stainless barrel on my Beretta 96D because of CBS's popular Nash Bridges. :D

It helped balance the feel & grip of the pistol too.

Clyde F

I was trying to say comparing real life guns I want to own ....( to fake stuff done in movies - with fake guns...makes no sense to me)....

I am not ashamed to admit my interest in SA revolvers and lever action rifles is due to growing up watching westerns with my dad. Now I don't go around fanning my guns at the range or swinging my lever action around like the Rifleman did, but it sure did spark my interest. Just like when I was a kid and T2 came out and I thought that lever action shotgun was the coolest thing ever. Its' all about nostalgia.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be Bat Man or Spider Man too....

Hey you still can be, I have a set of Superman, Spiderman, and Batman pajamas from when I was a kid if you want, velcro capes and all. If you think they can fit you there all yours, your about 4ft and 75lbs right? :D

Last edited:
When I was a kid, I was Bat Man
:) Mom made us up some costumes that year, my brother was robin. :)

Lever action isnt the best way to chamber a large round like a shotgun shell. Older brass case shells yes.

Back