Why so long without submissions?

I know what you mean about being told to go read somewhere else. About the same as being told to "Google it."

Sometimes, it's just a question of not wanting to type in a long answer that exists elsewhere. I don't see a huge problem with that. Not to mention, I use three different gun forums for different reasons. Each one serves a different purpose.

Make no mistake, any time I see that I'm able to answer a question, regardless of any actual value I add :D I'll answer it here.

--Wag--

And by the way, nothing wrong with brass molds.

If you want, try Tom at Accurate Molds. He makes some great molds!

--Wag--

And by the way, nothing wrong with brass molds.

If you want, try Tom at Accurate Molds. He makes some great molds!

--Wag--
I would have preferred aluminum. Its lighter. it does not tarnish. Other than that its a beautiful mold. I ordered a 5 cavity aluminum, I called and talked to him and he said he had one on the shelf. I ordered it and a month later no mold. I gave him another call and my order had apparently been mis-placed and he did not have any more. He offered to set up nd run me one, but stated he wad having trouble getting stock to make the molds and was not sure how long it would be, or I could have the 4 cavity brass for the same price I took the brass.

Its a beautiful mold, I'm super happy with it so far. Hoping to do some casting monday or tuesday.

I know what you mean about being told to go read somewhere else. About the same as being told to "Google it."

Sometimes, it's just a question of not wanting to type in a long answer that exists elsewhere. I don't see a huge problem with that. Not to mention, I use three different gun forums for different reasons. Each one serves a different purpose.

Make no mistake, any time I see that I'm able to answer a question, regardless of any actual value I add :D I'll answer it here.

--Wag--
The thing is, I generally have googled it, or read up on it already. However putting things into practice can be a bit of a different story and its nice to be able to talk to some people to trouble shoot, or make sure your doing things right.

I have been on other forums in the past and just did not like the culture. I have found lots of good info on castboolits, but I'm not familiar with the people there.

Yup. Every board under the sun, including this one, has a unique culture. Usually, I judge them based on how they handle trolls. If they allow a lot of troll activity and troll-baiting, I'm out.

--Wag--

I'd like to see more activity here as well.
But it looks like the way things have been going, reloading could be an endangered hobby, kept barely alive by those who can make their own components. I cast most of my revolver bullets and some for the 30-30....
Powder, if you can find it, has tripled in price in a very short time....
Primers are nearly impossible to find in the usual stores anymore.....
Cases, thankfully, can be reused!:)
And for some of us, bullets can be recast!:D
But without a stockpile of powder and primers, things are looking pretty lean.

I have been able to get powders fine, prices have gone up a little, but not a massive jump, im paying 27-38 per pound depending on what I buy

Back